- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 27, 2009
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Disinformation
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Special Packaging
- Collectors Edition
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Additional Release Material:
- Additional Audio Material: Original Score - Adam Peters, Musician
- Tour of Palenque, Classic Period Mayan City
- Terence McKenna's Time Wave Zero
- Booklet - Biographies Of Experts & 2012 Discussion
The Mayan calendar ends in the year 2012--is it safe to assume the world will too' This documentary examines the competing interpretations of this ancient prophecy that may forecast utter destruction, or a miraculous rebirth.
Description by Ryko Distribution:
December 21, 2012: the end date of the sophisticated Long Count Calendar created by the ancient Maya in Central America. Countless books and websites, magazine articles and newspaper headlines debate its meaning, with enthusiasts in two camps: those forecasting apocalypse "the end of time" and those who see a coming renewal, a rebirth of consciousness.
Adding fuel to the debate, some scientists see the increasing number of natural disasters in recent years as evidence of a catastrophic climax of events in 2012. How much of what we're hearing is science and how much is superstition' In this film the leading researchers, writers and scientists in the field tell us exactly what this date means to them, why it's important, and what we should expect.
Future / Futuristic Worlds |