Jon Faddis Legacy
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: December 1, 1986
- Originally Released: 1986
- Label: Concord Records
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Jon Faddis (trumpet, flugelhorn); Harold Land (tenor saxophone); Kenny Barron (piano); Ray Brown (bass); Mel Lewis (drums).
Recorded at Clinton Recording Studios, New York, New York in August 1985. Includes liner notes by Dizzy Gillespie.
Personnel: Jon Faddis (trumpet, flugelhorn); Harold Land (tenor saxophone); Kenny Barron (piano); Mel Lewis (drums).
Liner Note Author: Dizzy Gillespie.
Recording information: Clinton Recording Studios, Inc., New York, NY (09/1985).
Photographer: Karen Mitchell.
Unknown Contributor Roles: Harold Land; Kenny Barron; Mel Lewis; Ray Brown .
Arrangers: Jon Faddis; Marty Sheller.
After too long a period in the studios, talented trumpeter Jon Faddis returned to jazz with this brilliant effort. Best known for his ability to closely emulate his idol, Dizzy Gillespie (far from an easy feat), Faddis pays tribute to Gillespie with "Night in Tunisia" and "Things to Come." However, he also does a close imitation of Roy Eldridge on "Little Jazz," pays homage to Louis Armstrong on "West End Blues," shows sensitivity on Thad Jones' "A Child Is Born," and performs three other numbers. With the assistance of tenor saxophonist Harold Land, pianist Kenny Barron, bassist Ray Brown, and drummer Mel Lewis, Jon Faddis is in superb form throughout this outstanding release, his definitive recording. ~ Scott Yanow
Brother Jack McDuffThe Honeydripper (Rudy Van Gelder Remaster Series) (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
It Had To Be You: 24 Standards In Singer's Keys (CD)
$18.71 Super Savings
St. Louis Blues: Traditional Dixieland Classics (CD)
$15.39 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
- The Ohio Express Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE