Guilty of Treason
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 25, 2005
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Charles Bickford & Bonita Granville|
|Directed by||Felix E. Feist|
|Screenplay by||Emmet Lavery|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Shortly after arriving, he is introduced to beautiful Stephanie Varna (Bonita Granville), a Hungarian schoolteacher who is secretly involved with a Russian colonel. She manages to lead Tom to the Cardinal only days before he is thrown into prison, while a wave of false arrests and mysterious disappearances envelops the brave souls who dared to follow the Cardinal's anti-Communist lead.
This film showcases gruff-voiced Charles Bickford whose work includes Of Mice and Men (1939) and the acclaimed Days of Wine and Roses (1962). Inspired by the true story of Cardinal Mindszenty's persecution and trial in Hungary, the documentary/propaganda style of Guilty of Treason examines the Hungarian Communist regime which rose to power after Nazi rule.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 5 ratings.
Charles Bickford gives a good performance as Cardinal Mindszenty of Hungary, who was jailed and convicted of treason by the Communists. He's supported by equally fine performances by Paul Kelly and Bonita Granville. For those of us old enough to remember the events and climate of the time, the film is a reminder of how the world was a half century ago. Only at the end of the film, when Paul Kelly, playing an Ameriucan reporter, turns directly into the camera to give a final statement about Communism and the Iron Curtain does the film actually seem like a bit of soft anti Russian propogande. Otherwise, a pretty good film.
- Sales Rank: 3,065
- UPC: 089218462596
- Shipping Weight: 0.27/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE