Bob Berg The JazzTimes Superband (Bob Berg, Randy Brecker, Dennis Chambers and Joey DeFrancesco)
Only 10 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Joey DeFrancesco ~ Incredible! (Live) ~ $9.88
- by Joey DeFrancesco ~ Live: The Authorized Bootleg ~ $10.56
- by Joey DeFrancesco ~ Never Can Say Goodbye: The Music of Michael Jackson ~ $15.28
- by Joey DeFrancesco ~ Organic Vibes ~ $10.56
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: July 10, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Concord Records
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
/Randy Brecker/Dennis Chambers/Joey DeFrancesco.
Personnel: Bob Berg (tenor saxophone); Randy Brecker (trumpet, flugelhorn); Joey DeFrancesco (Hammond B-3 organ); Paul Bollenback (guitar); Dennis Chambers (drums).
Recorded at Avatar Recording Studios, New York, New York on January 28 & 29, 2000. Includes liner notes by Bill Milkowski.
Personnel: Bob Berg (tenor saxophone); Paul Bollenback (guitar); Randy Brecker (trumpet, flugelhorn); Joey DeFrancesco (organ); Dennis Chambers (drums).
Audio Mixer: Phil Edwards .
Liner Note Author: Bill Milkowski.
Recording information: Avatar Recording Studios, New York, NY (01/28/2000/01/29/2000).
Director: Alexis Davis.
Photographer: Jimmy Katz.
In celebration of JazzTimes magazine's 30th anniversary, Concord records gathered together several of their leading artists to form a "superband." This group had no shortage of talent and lived up to its name with Bob Berg, Randy Brecker, Joey DeFrancesco, and Dennis Chambers on board to form a most exciting quartet. The idea was to give the sense of a traditional hard bop ensemble but with a more contemporary, edgier slant--fitting for the stylish publication that it celebrated.
Brecker and Berg form an energetic front line, alternately sprinting and swaggering around each other over the churning cauldron that Chambers and DeFrancesco fire up. Also making an appearance is guitarist Paul Bollenback, who contributes heartily to the set despite being eliminated from the marquee. Still, the concentration is on the virtuoso soloists who make up the core of the group, and all four show their wares masterfully. If you're a fan of any one of these modern legends, you're likely to hear plenty of things you'll enjoy. As for JazzTimes, they couldn't have marked their milestone with a better stamp.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 9 ratings.
Based on 9 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE