Woman on the Run
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 17 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 25, 2005
- Originally Released: 1950
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Ann Sheridan & Dennis O'Keefe|
|Performer:||Robert Keith, Frank Jenks, Ross Elliott, John Qualen, J. Farrell MacDonald & Tom Dillon|
|Directed by||Norman Foster|
|Edited by||Otto Ludwig|
|Screenplay by||Alan Campbell & Norman Foster|
|Composition by||Emil Newman & Arthur Lange|
|Art Direction by||Boris Leven|
|Produced by||Howard Welsch|
|Director of Photography:||Hal Mohr|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Eleanor and the reporter start gathering clues to Frank's whereabouts. An unexplained suicide and unidentified corpse keep them on the run, dodging the police, private eyes and the mysterious killer - all of them trying to get to Frank first. Along the way Eleanor finds out things about her husband's life that she never knew. By the time she realizes where he's hiding and who's really behind the gangster hit, it might be too late.
Ann Sheridan, whose film career started in the early 1930s, got her big break in 1937, appearing in The Great O'Malley with Humphrey Bogart. In 1938, she appeared with James Cagney in Angels with Dirty Faces followed by a succession of film noir mysteries and dramas including, They Made Me a Criminal, with John Garfield and numerous others.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
As the movie begins, a man in a parked car is addressing “Danny Boy,” the man sitting next to him. Danny Boy stole $15,000 from the mob and blamed the speaker. The man says that he will take the blame and disappear if Danny Boy will give him $10,000. Danny Boy rejects the proposal by firing his gun at point-blank range.
Meanwhile, Frank Johnson (Ross Elliott) is walking his dog in the immediate vicinity. Danny Boy shoots at Frank but hits his shadow. Johnson at first agrees to identify the murderer but later flees.
Dan Legget (Dennis O’Keefe), a reporter for a sensationalist tabloid, approaches Johnson’s estranged wife, Eleanor. Legget promises to pay $1000 for Johnson’s story if she will help him locate her husband. Legget also seems to have an amorous interest in the lovely Eleanor who is not terribly displeased with his advances. She considers her husband a quitter and a failure, and the marriage is on the rocks.
While searching for Johnson, Eleanor discovers a much different man than the one she pictures. His friends and fellow workers consider him loyal, successful, talented and even adventuresome. One of his female coworkers confesses she has a crush on him. Eleanor also discovers Frank Johnson has a heart condition and will soon run out of medication.
**SPOILER ALLERT** Eventually Eleanor inquires how Legget likes to be addressed. He replies that most of his friends call him “Danny Boy.” We now realize that Legget is using Eleanor to find the only man who can identify him as a murderer.
I found this picture to be a very suspenseful and entertaining example of film noir. I wholeheartedly recommend it.
- Sales Rank: 8,442
- UPC: 089218462299
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
© 2016 OLDIES.com and its affiliates and partner companies. All rights reserved.