Hawkeye And The Last of The Mohicans Volume 1
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 42 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: January 25, 2005
- Originally Released: 1957
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- (unspecified) - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Lon Chaney & John Hart|
|Directed by||Sam Newfield|
|Produced by||Sigmund Neufield|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Episode 1 - The Search: Hawkeye and Chingachgook rescue an elderly woman from the clutches of two Indians. She enlists their help in finding her son who was abducted 18 years ago by the same tribe.
Episode 2 - The Delaware Hoax: The Delaware, an Indian tribe with ties to Chingachgook, are framed by white men for murder and robberies they did not commit. Hawkeye sets out to clear the tribe's name.
Episode 3 - False Witness: Army payroll messengers are found murdered, victims of a band of renegade highwaymen. Hawkeye and Chingachgook go undercover, managing the local trading post, to find the culprits.
Episode 4 - Hawkeye's Homecoming: Hawkeye learns that his brother Tommy has become a red coat soldier.When Tommy is killed by a corrupt Indian companion, Hawkeye seeks justice.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 14 ratings.
These four episodes are still exciting fare today. Set in New York's frontier during the French and Indian War of the 1750s, the episodes explore an exciting era of America's past too neglected by television and cinema. Although the episodes are very much in the vein of similar "Early American Hero" television staples like Jim Bowie, Davy Crocket, and Daniel Boone, John Hart as Hawkeye is an impressive addition to the catalog. The first episode is included here (filmed in Hollywood) and lists our star as Johnny Hart. I'm hoping the entire series will be issued on DVD!
With the exception of the pilot episode, this series was filmed in Canada, in cooperation with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. John Hart
stars as Hawkeye with Lon Chaney, Jr. as Chingachgook. You may think it comical to see Chaney in the role of an Indian, but this
wasn't the first time that he played one . . . remember the public domain staple "Daniel Boone, Trailblazer?" He's actually pretty good in
this series. The show is very much in the vein of Davy Crockett/Jim Bowie/Daniel Boone, so if you like those shows, chances are good that you'll enjoy this series. Alpha has secured some really good looking prints for the 8 episodes included on volumes 1 and 2. They are among Alpha's best looking TV prints and I doubt this series will ever look better than this. There is some scratchy sounding audio on the first episode of Volume 1, however. Volume 1 includes the pilot episode (filmed in Hollywood) and Volume 2 includes an episode with an early appearance by James Doohan of Star Trek fame.
- Sales Rank: 3,717
- UPC: 089218461896
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Television Movie Categories:
- Albert Collins Live From Austin TX (DVD) ~ $16.79
- Dane Cook Tourgasm (3-DVD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Jackson 5 Jacksons: An American Dream (2-DVD) ~ $26.98
- Spike Jones The Legend (3-Disc + CD) (DVD-R) ~ $33.26 on SALE
Patrick Moraz Future Memories: Live on TV (DVD) ~
$13.21 Super Savings
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Ace Drummond (2-DVD) ~ $7 on SALE