Ted Weems The Essential (2-CD)
|You Save:||$1.30 (6% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
Format: CD (2 Discs)
- by Ted Weems ~ From Saturday Night 'Til Monday Morning ~ $14.39
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: May 9, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Challenge
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Somebody Stole My Gal
- 2.Nine O'Clock Sal
- 3.Blue Rose
- 4.I'm All Broken up Over You
- 5.Big Boy!
- 6.Savannah (The Georgianna Blues)
- 7.Red Nose Pete
- 8.Traveling Blues (An Indigo Wail)
- 9.If I Ever Cry (You'll Never Know)
- 11.Oh! If I Only Had You
- 12.She Belongs to Me
- 13.My Cutey's Due at Two to-Two to-Day
- 14.I'm Going to Park Myself in Your Arms
- 15.That's My Girl
- 16.Chick, Chick, Chick, Chick, Chicken (Lay a Little Egg For Me)
- 17.She's Got 'It'
- 18.Miss Annabelle Lee (Who's Wonderful, Who's Marvellous)
- 20.She'll Never Find a Fellow Like Me - (previously unreleased)
- 21.From Saturday Night 'Till Monday Morning
- 23.Everybody Loves My Girl
- 24.He's Tall and Dark and Handsome
- 25.Nothin' on My Mind (But the Moonlight, The Starlight, And You
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Who Wouldn't Be Blue?
- 2.(You're Just a Great Big) Baby Doll
- 3.If You Want the Rainbow (You Must Have the Rain)
- 4.Come On, Baby!
- 5.Found You 'Out' When I Found You 'In' Somebody Else's Arms
- 6.You're the Cream in My Coffee
- 7.Me and the Man in the Room
- 8.My Troubles Are Over
- 9.Sophomore Prom
- 10.I Don't Want Your Kisses (If I Can't Have Your Love)
- 11.Good Morning, Good Evening, Good Night
- 12.What a Day!
- 13.Piccolo Pete
- 14.Miss Wonderful
- 15.Remarkable Girl
- 16.Harmonica Harry
- 17.Man From the South, The (With a Big Cigar in His Mouth)
- 18.Talk of the Town
- 19.Collegiate Love
- 20.Mysterious Mose
- 21.Slappin' the Bass
- 22.Washing Dishes (With My Sweetie)
- 23.Sing (A Happy Little Thing)
- 24.You Never Did That Before - (previously unreleased)
- 25.A Girl Friend of a Boy Friend of Mine
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Orchestra Members, Arthur Jarrect, Parker Ibbs, Parker Gibbs (vocals); Art Jarrett (guitar, banjo, unknown instrument); Morton Parker, Mark Fisher (banjo); Hi L. Wynne, Hi L. Lynne (trumpet); Carl Workman (trombone); Joe 'Country' Washburrse (tuba); Dick Cuncliffe, Dick Cunliffe (horns); Dewey Bergman (piano); Joe 'Country' Washburne (bass guitar); Dusty Roads, Ormond Downes (drums); Paul Creedon, Charles Stenroos, Thomas Parker Gibbs, John Roger O'Brien, Bill Comfort, Louis Therman, Merrill Connor, Sam Olver, Norman Nugent, Francis Buggy, Walter Livingston, Reuel Kenyon, Cecil Richardson, Louis Terman, Thales Taylor, Don Watt, Dudley Fosdick, Harry Turner, Carl Agee, Art Weems, Ted Weems, Weston Vaughan, George Barth, Thomas Parker, Charles Gaylord (unknown instrument); Eddie King .
Audio Remasterers: Harry Coster; Wil Hesen.
Ted Weems is best known for having the hit "Heartaches" and leading a fine sweet-based big band during the 1930s and '40s that during one period featured the vocals of Perry Como. However, in the 1920s, Weems' orchestra was the definitive dance band, performing everything with a strong jazz flavor and concise solos, yet always being melodic and accessible to a wider audience. This two-CD set expertly sums up Weems' prime jazz period, starting with his 1923 hit version of "Somebody Stole My Gal," followed by nine songs from 1924-1925. The band really found its sound in 1926, and the second disc in this reissue covers Weems' peak period of 1928-1930. Along the way are such songs as "Big Boy," "Siberia," "She's Got 'It'," "Miss Annabelle Lee," "What a Day" (a gem), the hit "Piccolo Pete," "Miss Wonderful," "Harmonica Harry," and "A Girl Friend of a Boy Friend of Mine." None of the soloists (best known was clarinetist Don Watt) became famous, but their musicianship was high and the vocals of Parker Gibbs and Arthur Jarrett are not difficult to take. ~ Scott Yanow
Tiny Grimes And His Rockin' Highlanders, Volume 2 (CD)(5)
$1.98 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD)(14)
99¢ on SALE