Eclipse Series 14: Rossellini's History Films - Renaissance and Enlightenment (3-DVD, Criterion Collection)
Director: Roberto Rossellini
Only 8 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$48.60 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$11.35 (19% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Caravaggio ~ $21.37
- Eclipse Series 13: Kenji Mizoguchi's Fallen Women (4-DVD) ~ $48.60
- Eclipse Series 16: Alexander Korda's Private Lives (4-DVD, Criterion Collection) ~ $48.60
- Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion (Blu-ray + DVD) ~ $31.97
- La Prise De Pouvoir Par Louis XIV (Criterion Collection) ~ $23.96
- Number of Discs: 3
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 9 hours, 6 minutes
- Video: Color
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Released: January 13, 2009
- Originally Released: 1972
- Label: Criterion
- 3-Disc Set
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital 1.0 - French
- Subtitles - English - Optional
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Additional Text: Notes
- Blaise Pascal
- The Age of The Medici
- Rene Descartes: CARTESIUS Mathematician, Scientist, and Writer
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Roberto Rossellini|
After establishing himself as a master filmmaker, Roberto Rossellini departed briefly from his familiar milieu to create a series of historical dramas for television. These oft-overlooked projects--BLAISE PASCAL, THE AGE OF THE MEDICI, and CARTESIUS--capture some of the West's most important minds and moments in all of their gritty details (in keeping with Realist tradition, Rossellini resists dressing up the past in exaggerated finery). Each of these historical programs is included here in full, along with commentary by Rossellini biographer Tag Gallagher.
Description by Image Entertainment:
In the final phase of his career, Italian master Roberto Rossellini embarked on a dramatic, daunting project: a series of politically minded televisions films about knowledge and history, made in an effort to teach, where the contemporary media was failing. Looking at the western world's major figures and moments, yet focusing on the small details of daily life, Rossellini was determined not to recount history but to bring it back to life, as it might have been, unadorned yet full of the drama of the everyday. In this selection of Rossellini's history films, Eclipse presents Blaise Pascal, the three-part The Age of the Medici, and Cartesius--works that don't just enliven the past but illuminate the ideas that brought us to where we are.
Anthology | Italy
10 Minute Solution - Belly, Butt & Thigh Blasters (Includes... (DVD)
$13.34 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 6 ratings.
Based on 6 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
Sons of Kong: 10 Full-Length Movies on 3-DVDs (3D Pop-Up...
$1.98 on SALE