History of Rock For Lovers Only, Volume 3 (Limited)
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$2.38 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$12.59 (84% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: March 14, 2006
- Originally Released: 2006
- Label: Collectables Records
Description by OLDIES.com:
Now out-of-print. Available while supplies last. We've collected some of the greatest Rock and Doo Wop love songs together on this disc. Included among these fourteen tracks are "Our Anniversary" by the Five Satins, "The Diary" by Little Anthony & The Imperials, and "The Glory of Love" by the Roommates.
- 1.Jerry ButlerFor Your Precious Love
- 2.The ShellsBaby Oh Baby
- 3.The CadillacsThe Girl I Love
- 4.The DemensionsOver The Rainbow
- 5.The ChantelsMaybe
- 6.The HarptonesThat's The Way It Goes
- 7.The Jive FiveMy True Story
- 8.The RoomatesGlory Of Love
- 9.The Five SatinsOur Anniversary
- 10.The ParadonsDiamonds & Pearls
- 11.Little Anthony & The ImperialsThe Diary
- 12.Eddie & The StarlitesTo Make A Long Story Short
- 13.The DubsDon't Ask Me To Be Lonely
- 14.The CasinosThen You Can Tell Me Goodbye
Full title: WCBS FM-101 History Of Rock: For Lovers Only Vol. 3.
Performers include: Jerry Butler, The Five Satins, The Dubs, The Harptones.
Collectables' four-volume For Lovers Only series is an enjoyable, if unexceptional, set that collects some of the most romantic pop, R&B, and doo wop singles from the late '50s and early '60s. Somewhat confusingly, it came in two different versions. There's a "general" version, and then there is a version of the set that is presented as if the play list of New York's WCBS dictated the selections. However, there is no difference between the corresponding volumes. WCBS' third volume, just like the third volume of the general set, contains 14 selections. They include Jerry Butler's "For Your Precious Love," the Jive Five's "My True Story," the Paradons' "Diamonds and Pearls," the Harptones' "That's the Way It Goes," the Roomates' "Glory of Love," and the Chantels' "Maybe." It provides a good balance between well-known hits and regional obscurities, but it isn't a definitive look at the era. However, it fits the purpose alluded to in the title just fine. ~ Andy Kellman
OLDIES 103FM - The 70's - Tenth Anniversary Ed. (CD)
$5.58 CYBER WEEK
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 12 ratings.
Based on 12 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 156
- UPC: 090431460726
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Little Girl of Mine / Can't We Be Sweethearts (CD)
80¢ CYBER WEEK
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- !!! Louden Up Now (2-LP) ~ $15.95 CYBER WEEK
- !!! Must Be The Moon (3vrs) (Import) (12") ~ $6 CYBER WEEK
- The "5" Royales Catch That Teardrop (CD) ~ $13.17 CYBER WEEK
- "A" Train Featuring Miki Honeycutt River Of People (LP) ~ $7.49 CYBER WEEK
- ? and The Mysterians 96 Tears (New Stereo Recording) / Midnight Hour (New Stereo Recording) (45) ~ $3 CYBER WEEK