Blu-ray Disc Features:
- 2:35:1 ANAMORPHIC WIDESCREEN
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 49 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 19, 2013
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Olive Films
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 06/01/1991
"...[Connery] turns in a wry performance..."
Los Angeles Times - 11/01/1991
"...HIGHLANDER 2 is far more elaborate than the original....It's a picture rife with explosions, and sparks literally fly in virtually every scene..."
In this labyrinthine sequel, the Immortal MacLeod (Christopher Lambert) saves the people of Earth from immanent ozone layer-related destruction by building a shield that deflects sunlight. But the people of Earth aren't especially grateful, as the constant state of night has made them cranky and prone to criminal sprees. Moreover, bounty hunters from the Immortals' home planet, Zeist, have given chase, and it could mean curtains for us all unless MacLeod and an ecologist can liberate the Earth and banish the assassins.
Immortal Scottish swordsman Connor MacLeod has just been banished to Earth for leading a failed rebellion on his home planet of Zeist. On Earth, he discovers the shield he built to shade humanity from a disappearing ozone -- though obsolete -- is owned and operated by a profit hungry, multi-national conglomerate at Earth's ecological expense. Guided by his spiritual leader Juan Ramirez and aided by beautiful environmental terrorist Louise Marcus, MacLeod will eliminate deadly assassins and dodge a dangerous trapnest to rid planet of his creation.
- Produced in association with Davis-Panzer and Lamb Bear Entertainment.
- Color by Eastman.
- Buenos Aires casting by Maria Ines Teyssie, Sandy Holt and Mimi Maynard.
- Music performed by Seattle Symphony and the Symphony Chorale.
- The VHS Renegade Bersion (Director's Cut) includes 16 minutes of never before seen footage.
- Rated BBFC 15 by the British Board of Film Classification.