- Number of Discs: 2
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 23 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 2, 2008
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: Paramount
Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish - Optional
Additonal Release Material:
- Audio Commentary - 1. Michael Bay - Director
- Featurettes - OUR WORLD:
- "The Story Sparks" - Steven Spielberg discusses his love for the franchise and early concept art for the film.
- "Human Allies" - A look at how the actors were selected and their experiences on the set.
- "I Fight Giant Robots"
- THEIR WAR:
- "Rise of the Robots" - Explores the interaction between Hasbro designers and Michael Bay to bring the toy line roaring to life.
- "AUTOBOTS Roll Out" - Michael Bay discusses working with Chevy and its designers and the modifications that were made to the cars seen in the film.
- "DECEPTICONS Strike" - The film's military advisors discuss the "toys" they allowed the production to borrow
- "Inside the AllSpark"
- MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE:
- "From Script to Sand: The SKORPONOK Desert Attack" - An in-depth look at the making of this particularly epic and challenging scene from initial storyboarding through production and visual effects.
- Easter Eggs: 1. "Michael Bay Cameo"
- "Girl in Dress"
- "Bay Bot"
- "Casting Mojo"
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Entertainment Weekly - 07/13/2007
"[I]t's a kiddie dream come true to groove on the heavy-duty sci-fi transformations." -- Grade: B-
USA Today - 07/06/2007
"[T]he ideal summer blockbuster with its simple good guys-vs.-bad guys plot, cheeky humor and flawless special effects."
Total Film - 07/01/2007
4 stars out of 5 -- "[I]t will be remembered as 2007's jaw-dropper. Special effects have brought your childhood to life, humour and humanity bonuses amid the metallic carnage."
Ultimate DVD - 08/01/2007
3 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he evil Decepticons, led by the mighty Megatron -- are beautifully rendered, their interaction a masterclass in CGI technology."
Sight and Sound - 09/01/2007
"[The] effects work is mindblowing."
Cars / Automobiles |
Theatrical Release |