- Run Time: 1 hours, 38 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: December 25, 2012
- Originally Released: 1945
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Academy Awards 1945 -
Best Special Effects
Danny Kaye stars in a dual role as a song-and-dance man killed by gangsters, whose spirit returns to convince his intellectual twin brother to impersonate him and catch the crooks. Academy Award Nominations: 4, including Best Song ("So in Love"). Academy Awards: Best Special Effects.
Danny Kaye plays a dual role in this comedy spotlighting his multitude of talents in singing, dancing and physical comedy.
Just before he's about to testify against the mob, the fast-living nightclub entertainer Buzzy Bellew is slain. But Buzzy's ghost promptly proceeds to haunt his rather reserved, bookish twin Edwin... until Edwin agrees to take his place on the stage. Hoping to catch those responsible for the killing, the shy librarian not only capably steps into his double's dancing shoes, but also into the arms of Buzzy's fiancée. And that turns out to be twice as much as he can handle, because Edwin already has a girlfriend and a life of his own.
- Feature film debuts for actress/dancer Vera-Ellen and actor Steve Cochran. Vera-Ellen previously performed on the Broadway stage.
- Danny Kaye's wife Sylvia Fine wrote one of the songs, "Bali Boogie."
- Additional cast: Alice Mock (Prima Donna), Gisela Werbiseck (Mrs. Schmidt), Al Ruiz (specialty dancer), Willard Van Simons (specialty dancer).
- Color by Technicolor.
- A Samuel Goldwyn production.
- Sales Rank: 74,344
- UPC: 8809154131385
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item