Al Di Meola The Infinite Desire
13 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: August 25, 1998
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Telarc
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Al DiMeola (vocals, acoustic, electric & nylon string guitars, harp, synthesizer, marimba, cymbals, finger cymbals, percussion); Kabuli Nitasa (vocals, violin); Pino Daniele, Layla Francesca, Oriana DiMeola (vocals); Mario Parmisiano (strings, piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Rachel Z (piano, keyboards, programming); Herbie Hancock (piano); Steve Vai (electric guitar); John Patitucci (acoustic & electric basses); Tom Kennedy (acoustic bass); Peter Erskine, Ernie Adams (drums); Gumbi Ortiz (congas); Spyros Poulos (programming).
Engineers: Spyros Poulos, Goh Hotoda, Frank Filipetti.
Recorded at Chung King Studios and Right Track, New York, New York from February to May 1998. Includes liner notes by Al DiMeola and Bill Milkowski.
Personnel: Al di Meola (vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, tamboura, accordion, trumpet, organ, fretless bass, cymbals, percussion); Pino Daniele (vocals); Steve Vai (guitar, electric guitar); Abraham Wechter (guitar); Rachel Z (piano, keyboards, programming); Herbie Hancock (piano); Mario Parmisano (keyboards); John Patitucci (acoustic bass, electric bass); Tom Kennedy (acoustic bass); Ernie Adams, Peter Erskine (drums); Gumbi Ortiz (congas, percussion); Spyros Poulos (programming).
Liner Note Author: Bill Milkowski.
Recording information: Chruchhill (02/1998-04/1998); Chung King Studios (02/1998-04/1998); Chung King, New York, NY (02/1998-04/1998); Churchill (02/1998-04/1998); Right Track Studio, New York, NY (02/1998-04/1998).
Photographers: Peter Zander; Tim Hale.
Arranger: Al di Meola.
One of the key tracks on this album by seminal fusion guitarist Di Meola was inspired by the work of its namesake, Italian painter Andrea Vizzini, who is a great inspiration to Di Meola. With the help of great players like Steve Vai, (Weather Report vet) Peter Erskine and Herbie Hancock, Di Meola attempts to construct aural interpretations of Vizzini's canvases. Di Meola is nobody's technophobe, so in addition to delicately played acoustic guitar and piano, many tunes here feature sampling technology and looped-sounding rhythm tracks.
Most of the music here will appeal to fans of smooth/contemporary jazz a la Lee Ritenour or Bob James. The '70s fire-breathing Di Meola has given way to a more contemplative artist, who explores subtleties of tone and harmony, but once in a while he still busts out with some furious fretwork, just to let you know he hasn't lost the knack. He even ventures perilously close to the realm of straight-ahead jazz on "Invention of the Monsters," which features some characteristically challenging guitar acrobatics.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 20 ratings.
Based on 20 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Merry Axemas, Volume 2 - More Guitars For Christmas (CD)
Top ranking titles in the Jazz genre:
- Herbie Hancock Possibilities (DVD + Music CD) ~ 79¢ on SALE
- Duke Ellington Swinging at His Best (DVD) ~ $1.58 on SALE
- Louis Armstrong The Early Years, Recorded Live 1938-1949 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy McGriff Toast To Golden Classics (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Joe Williams Me And The Blues / The Song Is You (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Early Rock & Roll (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE