A famous stripper is recruited to author an intellectual autobiography with hilarious results.
|CYBER WEEK SALE:||$5.95 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Adampted from the play by Louise Hovick
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 20 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 23, 2004
- Originally Released: 1945
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Performer:||Dennis O'Keefe, Perry Como, Carmen Miranda, Reed Hadley, Martha Stewart, George E. Stone, Donald McBride, Michael Dunne & Edgar Norton|
|Directed by||Lewis Seiler|
|Edited by||Norman Colbert|
|Screenwriting by||Leonard Praskins & Harold Buchman|
|Composition by||Emil Newman & Charles Henderson|
|Produced by||Bryan Foy|
|Director of Photography:||Joseph La Shelle|
Description by OLDIES.com:
When burlesque sensation Doll Face Carrol (Vivian Blaine) reads about tryouts for Flo Hartman's (Reed Hadley) new Broadway operetta "Park Avenue," her manager Michael Francis Hannegan (Dennis O'Keefe) hustles her to the rehearsal. Doll Face introduces herself as "May Beth," fresh off the bus from the middle of small-town America. However, her looks cannot be disguised and she is almost instantly recognized as the sexy star of "The Gayety Follies." Legitimate producer Hartman won't hire a stripteaser like Doll Face to star in his show no matter how talented she is. Disappointed and discouraged, Doll Face returns to the grimy world of downtown vaudeville. Manager Mike schemes to use Dollface's sexy reputation to her advantage. He hits on the idea of her writing a scandalous biography. Dollface and Mike search for a ghost writer to pen Dollface's ticket to stardom.
Based on "The Naked Genius," a play by Louise Hovick (a.k.a., the legendary burlesque queen Gypsy Rose Lee) and featuring Perry Como and Carmen Miranda in supporting roles, Doll Face is a backstage look at the steamier side of the theater world.
Vivian Blaine stars in this musical as Doll Face Carrol, a burlesque queen who dreams of being in a Broadway show. Rejected by Broadway because of her background, she and her manager, Mike (O'Keefe), decide that if she publishes a memoir, it will earn her enough respect and fame that Broadway will be begging for her to star in a show. However, when Mike hires a ghost writer to write the book, he could not have imagined what Doll Face has planned for herself. Featuring Carmen Miranda and Perry Como singing "Hubba, Hubba, Hubba," DOLL FACE is a hugely entertaining musical.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 17 ratings.
Based on 17 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 16,284
- UPC: 089218455697
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 10cc Live in Concert (DVD) ~ $14.81 CYBER WEEK
- 2 Pac Tupac - Hip Hop Genius (DVD) ~ $6.15 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER WEEK
- 2Pac / Notorious B.I.G. Tupac Vs. Biggie: The Legacy Continues (DVD) ~ $8.63 CYBER WEEK
Musical & Performing Arts: Musicals Movie Categories:
- Arch Enemy Tyrants Of The Rising Sun: Live In Japan (DVD, + 2-CD) ~ $16.52 CYBER WEEK
- David Bowie Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars: The Motion Picture (DVD) ~ $28.03 CYBER WEEK
- James Brown In the 60's / I Got the Feelin' (3-DVD) ~ $31.48 CYBER WEEK
- Judy Collins Pop Legends Live (DVD) ~ $10.72 CYBER WEEK
- Michael Schenker Michael Schenker Group - World Wide Live 2004 (DVD) ~ $14.81 CYBER WEEK