- ASPECT RATIO 4:3 (FULL FRAME)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 16 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 27, 2012
- Originally Released: 1935
- Label: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
USA Today - 05/17/1991
"...One of the liveliest of many FBI melodramas that J. Edgar Hoover fine-tooth-combed in the 1930s..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
A young couple and their child end up hostages of a gang of violent kidnappers.
When the family of Tom Hanse agrees to turn over $200 grand in unmarked five, ten, and twenty dollar bills, it looks like the four kidnappers, Gimp, Buzz, Pitch, and Tobey (Cesar Romero) are home free. The criminals head for an abandoned house to hide out, and find that they are not alone--a thunderstorm has made the dilapidated building a haven for a young family, the Martins. The felons lock the poor family into one of the bedrooms, but the family's young daughter, Trudy, falls ill and requires medication. Tobey comes up with a bright idea--he'll escort Joe Martin to the pharmacy, and let Joe pay with some of the ransom money, which will test whether the bills are traceable. It turns out that the FBI has indeed set up a way to trace the money, and tempers flair between the felons, placing the lives of the Martins in jeopardy. This early sync sound thriller is a unique classic.
Kidnapping And Missing Persons |
- Released by 20th Century Fox in December of 1935.
- The film was based on the real life story of George Weyerhauser, whose kidnappers were caught by the FBI through tracing the serial numbers on the ransom money.
- The film was originally titaled SNATCHED!, but the Hays Office required that it be changed to de-emphasize kidnapping.
This product is made-on-demand by the manufacturer using DVD-R recordable media.
Almost all DVD players can play DVD-Rs (except for some older models made before 2000) -
please consult your owner's manual for formats compatible with your player.
These DVD-Rs may not play on all computers or DVD player/recorders.
To address this, the manufacturer recommends viewing this product on a DVD player
that does not have recording capability.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 27,054
- UPC: 024543850090
- Shipping Weight: 0.17/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item