Little Old New York
20th Century Fox Cinema Archives (series)
|You Save:||$11.83 (44% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 2-3 business days
- ASPECT RATIO 4:3 (FULL FRAME)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 27, 2012
- Originally Released: 1940
- Label: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Alice Faye, Fred MacMurray, Richard Greene, Andy Devine & Brenda Joyce|
|Directed by||Henry King|
|Screenwriting by||Harry Tugend|
|Composition by||Alfred Newman|
|Story by||John L. Balderston|
|Director of Photography:||Leon Shamroy|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Little Old New York is the exciting film drama of innovator Robert Fulton and his invention of the steam engine.
Previously filmed in 1923 as a vehicle for Marion Davies, Rida Johnson Young's warhorse theatrical property LITTLE OLD NEW YORK was dusted off by 20th Century-Fox for Alice Faye, Fred MacMurray and Richard Greene. The latter plays the nominal lead, Scottish inventor Robert Fulton, who in 1807 arrives in New York City with the intention of building a steamboat which will accelerate transportation between the many boroughs. Everyone laughs at "Fulton's Folly" with the exception of gorgeous tavern keeper Pat O'Day (Alice Faye), who offers Fulton shelter and financial assistance. This doesn't sit at all well with Pat's boyfriend Charles Brownne (MacMurray), who like most of the sailors in the region is fearful that Fulton's steamboat will put him out of business. By film's end, however, Brownne has aligned himself with Fulton, if only because of his intense dislike for the villain of the piece, rival mariner Regan (Ward Bond). Several notably 19th century New York personages show up for cute cameo bits, among them Nicholas Roosevelt (Robert Middlemass), John Jacob Astor (Roger Imhof) and Washington Irving (Theodore Von Eltz).
TCM Greatest Classic Films Collection: Wartime Musicals...
$10.31 Super Savings
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
Based on 4 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 16,183
- UPC: 024543849940
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
Top ranking titles in the Drama genre:
$6.56 Super Savings
- The Words (Blu-ray) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- What Doesn't Kill You (Blu-ray) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Too Hot To Handle (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- The Graduate (Widescreen) (Decades Collection) (Includes Bonus Audio CD) (DVD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
Top ranking DVD-R:
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s, 30s and 40s - Volume 2 (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Banned Cartoons: A Historical Archive of the Shameful Racial Abuses of Hollywood's Yesteryear (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema, Volume 15 - Peepshow Loops (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Zorro - The Triumph of Zorro (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Forbidden Cinema Presents: Vintage Smokers From the 1920s and 30s (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE