Eddie Condon Town Hall Concerts, Volume 1 (Live)
|You Save:||$3.20 (10% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Eddie Condon ~ Town Hall Concerts, Volume 2 (Live) ~ $26.26
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: August 10, 1994
- Label: Jazzology
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Concert, No. 1 - Eddie Condon,
- 2.Sweet Georgia Brown - Eddie Condon, Bernie, Ben
- 3.Peg O' My Heart - Eddie Condon, Bryan, Alfred
- 4.John O'Hara Explains Why He Likes Jazz Music - Eddie Condon,
- 5.Carolina Shout - Eddie Condon, Johnson, James 
- 6.Wherever There's Love (There's You and Me) - Eddie Condon, Condon, Eddie
- 7.Uncle Sam Blues - Eddie Condon, Page, Hot Lips
- 8.Someone to Watch over Me - Eddie Condon, Gershwin, George
- 9.Impromptu Ensemble / Ole Miss - Eddie Condon, Handy, W.C.
- 10.At the Jazz Band Ball - Eddie Condon, Edwards, Eddie B.
- 11.I Must Have That Man! - Eddie Condon, Fields, Dorothy
- 12.George Frazier of Life Describes Jazz as American Culture That Is ... - Eddie Condon,
- 13.The Sheik of Araby - Eddie Condon, Smith, Harry  Be
- 14.Zaza - Eddie Condon, Stewart, Rex
- 15.Time on My Hands - Eddie Condon, Youmans, Vincent
- 16.I'll Get By - Eddie Condon, Hackett, Bobby
- 17.Impromptu Ensemble / Ole Miss - Eddie Condon, Handy, W.C.
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Ballin' the Jack - Eddie Condon, Burris, James Henry
- 2.Whatcha Doin' After the War - Eddie Condon, Bushkin, Joe
- 3.I'm Coming Virginia - Eddie Condon, Cook, Will Marion
- 4.It's Been So Long - Eddie Condon, Liebert, Jerry
- 5.What's New? - Eddie Condon, Burke, Johnny
- 6.The One I Love (Belongs to Somebody Else) - Eddie Condon, Jones, Isham
- 7.Impromptu Ensemble - Eddie Condon, Caceres, Ernie
- 8.Muskrat Ramble - Eddie Condon, Gilbert, Ray
- 9.Mean to Me - Eddie Condon, Ahlert, Fred E.
- 10.When My Sugar Walks Down the Street - Eddie Condon, Austin, Gene
- 11.Body and Soul - Eddie Condon, Eyton, Frank
- 12.Ja Da - Eddie Condon, Carleton, Bob
- 13.Back in Your Own Backyard - Eddie Condon, Dreyer, Dave
- 14.You Don't Know What Love Is - Eddie Condon, DePaul, Gene
- 15.Impromptu Ensemble / Ole Miss - Eddie Condon, Handy, W.C.
Eddie Condon's Town Hall Concerts were historic in several ways. These weekly half-hour radio shows were very uncommercial (in fact they could not attract a sponsor), featured interracial bands and gave Condon an opportunity to put together well-paced programs. He would gather together a core band of Condonites who would have ensemble jams and individual features, and there were always a couple of numbers set aside for guest artists who would also join in on the show's concluding jam (titled "Impromptu Ensemble") with the regulars. Plus Condon, despite making a few too many jokes at the expense of Pee Wee Russell, proved to be a perfect host. After decades of only being available as incomplete excerpts, these programs have finally been issued complete and in chronological order on a series of two-CD sets by George Buck of Jazzology. The first volume, which has four complete shows, features such classic players as trumpeters Billy Butterfield, Bobby Hackett, Max Kaminsky, Hot Lips Page and Rex Stewart, clarinetists Pee Wee Russell and Edmond Hall, trombonists Bill Harris, Miff Mole and Benny Morton, the greatly underrated baritonist Ernie Caceres, and pianists James P. Johnson and Gene Schroeder. Although the recording quality of the very first show is subpar (the only one in the series that is less than flawless technically), all of the volumes in this wonderful series (which find the participants at the peak of their powers) are highly recommended. ~ Scott Yanow
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE