- ASPECT RATIO 4:3 (FULL FRAME)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 27 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: November 27, 2012
- Originally Released: 1949
- Label: Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
A university chemistry instructor accidentally discovers a compound that causes baseballs to curve. He uses this knowledge to become a pitching phenomenon.
A broke baseball player stumbles upon a magic liquid that will hopefully make him rich and turn his team and his romance into winners. Academy Award Nominations: Best Motion Picture Story.
A chemistry professor's boyhood dream comes true when he invents a substance that repels wood. When Vernon Simpson applies his magic formula to a baseball, no batter stands a chance of hitting it! With his new discovery, he tries out for the major leagues, and ends up as the St. Louis Cardinals' winning pitcher in the World Series. But Vernon also learns that an athlete's life is not all it's cracked up to be.
- Based on an original story by Shirley W. Smith, who was the student registrar at the University of Michigan.