Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 43 minutes
- Released: February 12, 2013
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Summit Inc/Lionsgate
- Note: Audio Commentary With Writer/Director Stephen Chbosky
- Cast And Director Commentary Including Logan Lerman, Emma Watson, Ezra Miller And More
- "Best Summer Ever" Featurette
- Deleted Scenes With Optional Audio Commentary With Stephen Chbosky
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.78
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Rolling Stone - 09/27/2012
3 stars out of 4 -- "Chbosky's compassion for his characters is absent any hint of condescension. And that's reflected in performances that leave the feeling you've seen something good and true."
Sight and Sound - 10/01/2012
"The depiction of the feverish exchange of cultural currency among the young -- the meticulously curated mixtapes, the minutely calibrated register of hip bands, books and films -- is vividly realised."
Box Office - 09/15/2012
4 stars out of 5 -- "[A] sweet surprise, a funny, touching terrific and quite wonderful movie that gets it all right about the joys and heartbreaks of growing up circa 1991."
Chicago Sun-Times - 09/26/2012
3.5 stars out of 4 -- "It offers the rare pleasure of an author directing his own book, and doing it well. No one who loves the book will complain about the movie, and especially not about its near-ideal casting."
Total Film - 11/01/2012
3 stars out of 5 -- "[With] a great performance from Lerman, who plays an introvert character with charm and vulnerability."
Author Stephen Chbosky adapts his own best-selling novel about a withdrawn teen who attempts to remain hopeful for the future while dreading every day of the present. Emma Watson, Ezra Miller, and Logan Lerman star.
Coming Of Age |
High School Experiences |