They Came To Cordura
|You Save:||$1.50 (10% Off)|
- Audio: English
- Dolby Digital
- Subtitles: English, Japanese
- 2.35:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and 1.33:1 Fullscreen Presentations
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 2 hours, 3 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: July 27, 2004
- Originally Released: 1959
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Gary Cooper, Rita Hayworth, Van Heflin & Tab Hunter|
|Performer:||Dick York, Robert Keith, Richard Conte, Michael Callan, Tab Hunter, Rita Hayworth & Van Heflin|
|Directed by||Robert Rossen|
|Edited by||William A. Lyon|
|Screenwriting by||Ivan Moffat|
|Composition by||Elie Siegmeister|
|Art Direction by||Cary O'Dell|
|Produced by||William Goetz|
|Director of Photography:||Burnett Guffey|
Description by OLDIES.com:
Rita Hayworth, in a dramatic departure from her glamour-girl roles, co-stars as the seventh member of the group, an American expatriate accused of aiding the Mexicans. At first contemptuous of Thorn, she gradually comes to appreciate his quiet integrity as he leads his mutinous charges through a desperate, action-packed odyssey. Filled with both exciting battle scenes and finely-tuned drama, their treacherous trek to the town of Cordura (which is also the Spanish word for courage) is a rugged and riveting tale of bravery far more enduring than the fleeting heroics of battle.
- "Cordura" means "courage" in Spanish.
- Filmed in Eastmancolor and Cinemascope, using Panavision lenses.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 34 ratings.