- Audio: English
- Subtitles: English, French
- 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen Presentation
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 29 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 19, 2003
- Originally Released: 1971
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Description by OLDIES.com:
After being blinded, a young woman, Mia Farrow (Hannah and Her Sisters, Widow's Peak) goes to live in the English countryside with relatives. Out on a date with a boyfriend, she escapes the fate of her relatives who are murdered by a crazed killer. She finally makes the gruesome discovery of their bodies and has to flee on horseback. She is rescued but there are still twists and turns until the murderer is identified.
Hospitalized after being blinded in a riding accident, Sarah (Mia Farrow) recuperates at her aunt and uncle's country house. As Sarah returns from riding one day, she finds the house curiously silent. SEE NO EVIL begins slowly and conventionally, but once his blind heroine enters the apparently empty house, director Richard Fleischer produces an extraordinarily tense, creepy, and protracted sequence. There is no music, no dialogue. The camera is slung low, with Fleischer's unnerving, trademark off-kilter framing making it eerily apparently that something bad has happened. Gradually and stealthily, SEE NO EVIL--aided by Farrow's admirable performance as the frail but determined Sarah--gains in power and suspense, making the film a startingly effective thriller.
A young and beautiful equestrian who was blinded by a fall from a horse comes home one day to discover the bodies of three people whom she had deeply loved. She also stumbles upon the identification bracelet of the vicious murderer.
Theatrical Release |
- SEE NO EVIL was shot on location in Berkshire, England.
- Composer Elmer Bernstein was 29 years old in 1951 when he wrote his first film score (for SATURDAY'S HERO). Since then, he has written the music for over 230 movies in addition to SEE NO EVIL, including THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN ARM, THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE (for which he won an Oscar), THE SHOOTIST, GHOSTBUSTERS, MY LEFT FOOT, THE GRIFTERS, THE AGE OF INNOCENCE, and BRINGING OUT THE DEAD.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 21 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 12,634
- UPC: 043396008540
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item