Dave Brubeck Live Take Five
Only 6 copies left
|You Save:||$5.89 (35% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: November 6, 2003
- Label: Acrobat
- 2.Koto Song
- 4.'Ol Bill Basie
- 5.(What Did I Do To Be So) Black And Blue
- 6.Take Five
- 7.Benjamin Christopher David Brubeck
- 8.Blue Rondo Al A Turk
Personnel: Dave Brubeck (piano); Bill Airey Smith (clarinet).
Liner Note Author: Neil Slaven.
Recording information: Montreaux Jazz Festival, Switzerland (07/22/1982).
It's easy to identify this live date as an unauthorized recording because of the poor balance of the instruments, the misidentification of songs, the odd use of actress Susan Dey's photo on the cover, and that Dave Brubeck was still signed to an exclusive contract by Columbia at the time of this concert. The opener is a lengthy "One Moment Worth Years" (listed as "One Moment"), followed by the pretty Mexican folk tune "La Paloma Azul" (listed as "Mexican Folk Song"), which became of favorite of Brubeck & Desmond. "Blues For Joe" is an improvisation featuring an extended solo by drummer Joe Morello, while the version of "Take Five" is surprisingly short with an average solo by Paul Desmond and a brief but more effective solo by the pianist. "Take The 'A' Train" shows Brubeck's fondness for disguised introductions. This CD will be sought by Brubeck fans but can't be considered essential due to it's less than high fidelity sound. ~ Ken Dryden
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 60s - Groovy Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - The 60's, Part 1 (CD) ~ $5.98 CYBER SALE
- Various Artists Top Hits of the 70s - Absolute Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ CYBER SALE