- Released: September 27, 1994
- Label: Telarc
Down Beat - 12/94, p.484 Stars
- Very Good - "...JUST YOU, JUST ME is a delightful, pensive, and intimate document of one man's musical fountain of age, and an instructive picture of a mature, seasoned pro....listen and you'll hear burnished colors of gold, auburn, and pastel blue..."
- 1.Just You, Just Me
- 2.Strange Meadowlark
- 3.It's The Talk Of The Town
- 4.Brother, Can You Spare A Dime? - (variations on)
- 6.Tribute To Stephen Foster
- 7.I Married An Angel
- 8.Music, Maestro, Please?
- 9.Briar Bush
- 10.Newport Waltz
- 11.I Understand
- 12.More Than You Know
Solo performer: Dave Brubeck.
Recorded at Carriage House Studio, Stamford, Connecticut, Power Station, New York, New York and live at Performing Arts Center, State University at Purchase, New York in 1994. Includes liner notes by Dave Brubeck.
Personnel: Dave Brubeck (piano).
Liner Note Author: Dave Brubeck.
Recording information: Carriage House Studio, Stamford, CN (01/04/1994-06/29/1994); Performing Arts Center, State U (01/04/1994-06/29/1994); Studio A, Power Station, New Yo (01/04/1994-06/29/1994).
Editor: Jay Newland.
Photographer: Dick Durrance II.
It had been nearly 40 years since Dave Brubeck's last solo piano recording when he recorded this relaxed set. Brubeck sounds typically creative yet often wistful on the seven standards, four originals, and a "Tribute to Stephen Foster." This is a fine addition to Brubeck's extensive yet consistently satisfying discography. ~ Scott Yanow