- Rated: G
- Run Time: 1 hours, 52 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: January 15, 2013
- Originally Released: 1952
- Label: Warner Home Video
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Includes theatrical trailer
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Danny Kaye doing what he does best in this colorful, glossy musical written by Hart with songs by Loesser, singing favorites "Thumbelina," "Inchworm" and "Ugly Duckling." Playing the great and cuddly writer of children's stories, Kaye's Anderson hopes to woo a glamorous Copenhagen actress. It earned six Academy Award Nominations, including Best Song ("Thumbelina") and is available digitally remastered with stereo sound.
More fantasy than fiction, this fanciful biopic chronicles the life of Danish fairytale author Hans Christian Andersen through song and ballet. Andersen begins as cobbler in a tiny village, enchanting the local children with his storytelling. Later he travels to Copenhagen, where he finds his muse in the form of a beautiful ballerina.
- Shot in three-strip Technicolor.
- Additional cast: Jeanne Lafayette (Celine), Robert Malcolm (Stage Doorman), Gil Perkins (Second Gendarme), and Peter Votrian (Lars).
- A Samuel Goldwyn Family Classic video release.