Ray Brown Some of My Best Friends Are...The Trumpet Players (2-CD)
Only 6 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by Ray Brown ~ Some of My Best Friends Are...The Piano Players $10.56
- Released: September 26, 2000
- Originally Released: 2000
- Label: Telarc
- $0.99 on iTunes1.Our Delight - (with Roy Hargrove)
- $0.99 on iTunes2.Bag's Groove - (with Jon Faddis)
- $0.99 on iTunes3.I Thought About You - (with James Morrison)
- $0.99 on iTunes4.I'm Getting Sentimental Over You - (with Terence Blanchard)
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Violets For Your Furs - (with Nicholas Payton)
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Itty Bitty Blues - (with Clark Terry)
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Stairway To The Stars - (with Roy Hargrove)
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Original Jones - (with Jon Faddis)
- $0.99 on iTunes9.When You Go - (with James Morrison)
- $0.99 on iTunes10.Kicker, The - (with Nicholas Payton)
- $0.99 on iTunes11.Clark's Tune (Legacy) - (with Clark Terry)
- $0.99 on iTunes12.Goodbye - (with Terence Blanchard)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Ray Brown Trio: Ray Brown (bass); Geoff Keezer (piano); Karriem Riggins (drums).
Additional personnel: Terence Blanchard, Jon Faddis, Roy Hargrove, James Morrison, Nicholas Payton, Clark Terry (trumpet).
Recorded at Avatar Studios, Studio A, New York, New York from January 10-14, 2000; O'Henry Studios, Studio A, Burbank, California on February 21, 2000. Includes liner notes by Bob Blumenthal.
Personnel: Clark Terry, James Morrison , Jon Faddis, Nicholas Payton, Roy Hargrove, Terence Blanchard (trumpet); Geoff Keezer (piano); Karriem Riggins (drums).
Liner Note Author: Bob Blumenthal.
Recording information: Avatar Studios, Studio A, New York, NY (01/10/2000-02/21/2000); O'Henry Studio, Studio A, Burbank CA (01/10/2000-02/21/2000); O'Henry Studios, Studio A, Burbank, CA (01/10/2000-02/21/2000).
Editor: Robert Friedrich.
In his continuing series showcasing guest artists, young and old alike, Ray Brown's SOME OF MY BEST FRIENDS ARE...THE TRUMPET PLAYERS welcomes the talents of youngsters Roy Hargrove, Terence Blanchard, James Morrison, and Nicholas Payton alongside elder statesmen Clark Terry and Jon Faddis. Each trumpeter gets a couple of standards to blow on, with Brown and his always-swinging trio laying down a solid foundation.
Hargrove opens the session with the Tadd Dameron favorite "Our Delight," smoothly stating the bouncing melody before launching into one of his trademark spirited solos. Payton's raucous read of Joe Henderson's "The Kicker" is a disc highlight. However, a master trumpeter gets to really show his stuff on the ballads, and Blanchard's elegant performance of Gordon Jenkins's "Goodbye" shows subtlety and finesse. Faddis's slow and easy "Bag's Groove" conjures images of a smoky after-hours jam as Brown lays down a buttery blues as only he can. Terry, of course, garners the highest acclaim, bringing his decades of experience to the fore on his own "Clark's Tune (Legacy)," a swinging mover that finds him alternating between flugelhorn and muted trumpet.
Some of My Best Friends Are...The Piano Players (CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
Monty Alexander & Russell Malone [Bonus Disc] (2-CD)
$9.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 3 ratings.
Based on 3 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE