Ray Brown Two Bass Hits
- Released: June 30, 1994
- Originally Released: 1994
- Label: Capri Records
- $0.99 on iTunes1.How High the Moon
- $0.99 on iTunes2.America the Beautiful
- $0.99 on iTunes3.Something for the Bass Boss
- 4.Ellington Medley: Things Ain't What They Used Be / Take the "A" Train
- $0.99 on iTunes5.Tricotism
- $0.99 on iTunes6.Bags' Groove
- $0.99 on iTunes7.Bossa Nova Medley: Estate / Manha de Carnival / Recoda Bossa Nova
- $0.99 on iTunes8.Bye Bye Blackbird
- $0.99 on iTunes9.The Masquerade Is Over
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Personnel: Jacky Terrasson , Pierre Boussaguet (piano).
Audio Remasterer: Doug Sax.
Recording information: Gimmick Studio, Paris, France (08/11/1988-08/12/1998).
For this project, Ray Brown is featured in a two-bass trio with fellow bassist Pierre Boussaquet and the up-and-coming pianist Jacky Terasson. The unusual combination works quite well with Brown being the dominant solo voice and the main force behind the music. Included are such songs as "How High the Moon," "America the Beautiful," and "Bye Bye Blackbird" plus a four-song Duke Ellington medley and a three-tune medley of bossa nova songs. The frameworks are inventive, making this a disc of unusual interest. ~ Scott Yanow
Some of My Best Friends Are...The Piano Players (CD)
$10.56 Super Savings
Monty Alexander & Russell Malone [Bonus Disc] (2-CD)
$9.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE