- Released: November 7, 2003
- Label: Fabulous
- 1.I Found a New Baby - Sidney Bechet, Palmer
- 2.Maple Leaf Rag - Sidney Bechet, Joplin
- 3.Shag - Sidney Bechet, Jordan
- 4.Viper Mad - Sidney Bechet, Bechet
- 5.Blackstick - Sidney Bechet, Bechet
- 6.When the Sun Sets Down South - Sidney Bechet, Bechet
- 7.Jada - Sidney Bechet, Brooks
- 8.Really the Blues - Sidney Bechet, Carleton
- 9.Whe You and I Were Young Maggie - Sidney Bechet, Mezzrow
- 10.Weary Blues - Sidney Bechet, Butterfield
- 11.Indian Summer - Sidney Bechet, Herbert
- 12.Oh, Didn't He Ramble - Sidney Bechet, Traditional
- 13.High Society - Sidney Bechet, Piron
- 14.The Winin' Boy - Sidney Bechet, Morton
- 15.At the Log Cabin - Sidney Bechet, Bechet
- 16.Lay Your Racket - Sidney Bechet, Bechet
- 17.What a Dream - Sidney Bechet, Bechet
- 18.Trixie Blues - Sidney Bechet, Smith
Personnel: Sidney Bechet (vocals, clarinet, soprano saxophone); Jelly Roll Morton (vocals, piano); O'Neill Spencer (vocals, drums); Bill Maxey, Wilson Myers (vocals); Happy Caldwell (tenor, tenor saxophone); Lawrence Lucie, Jimmy Miller , Teddy Bunn (guitar); Charlie Howard, Leonard Ware (electric guitar); Mezz Mezzrow (clarinet, tenor saxophone); Clarence Brereton, Max Kaminsky, Sidney DeParis, Tommy Ladnier, Charlie Shavers (trumpet); Teddy Nixon, Claude Jones (trombone); Cliff Jackson & His Crazy Cats, Daves Bownan, Harry Brooks, Henry Duncan, Sam Price, Art Hodes, Sonny White (piano); Freddie Moore, Morris Morland, Kenny Clarke, Zutty Singleton (drums).
Recording information: 06/??/1923-11/16/1938.
Director: Jelly Roll Morton.
Photographer: Charles Peterson .
This out-of-print French LP contains a mixture of Bechet items, including five very early tracks with Clarence Williams's Blue Five, a 1925 session from The Get Happy Band, "Dear Old Southland" with Noble Sissle's big band in 1937, and the four songs (plus three alternates) cut with Sissle's rhythm section. This excellent music is generally available elsewhere. ~ Scott Yanow