Chris Barber The Best of Chris Barber's Jazz Band
|You Save:||$2.10 (18% Off)|
Temporarily Out of Stock: We'll get more as soon as possible
- by Chris Barber ~ Live in 1954/55 ~ $14.81
- Released: June 24, 2002
- Label: EMI Import
- 1.Lawd, You've Been So Good To Me - (studio)
- 2.Precious Lord Take My Hand - (studio)
- 3.God Leads His Dear Children Along - (studio)
- 4.Sing On - (studio)
- 5.Double Check Stomp - (studio)
- 6.Shout Em Aunt Tilly - (studio)
- 7.Goin To Town - (studio)
- 8.Black And Tan Fantasy - (studio)
- 9.Let's Do The Tamoure (Aka Wini Wini) - (studio)
- 10.You Just Can't Win - (studio)
- 11.Crying For The Carolines - (studio)
- 12.Young Fashioned Ways - (studio)
- 13.I Never Shall Forget - (studio)
- 14.Tell Me Where Is Fancy Bred - (studio)
- 15.Ah Me What Eyes Hath Love Put In My Head - (studio)
- 16.Blow Blow Thou Winter Wind - (studio)
- 17.When In Disgrace With Fortue And Men's Eyes - (studio)
- 18.Hello Dolly - (studio)
- 19.Ballad Of The Liver Bird - (studio)
- 20.Brands Hatch - (studio)
- 21.Morning Train - (studio)
- 22.Hamp's Blues - (studio)
This 2002 compilation showcases 22 tracks from jazz artist Chris Barber, including "Lawd, You've Been So Good for Me" and "Double Check Stomp."
Personnel: Chris Barber (vocals, trombone); Lonnie Donegan (vocals, banjo); Ottilie Patterson (vocals, tambourine); Eddie Smith (guitar, banjo); John Slaughter (guitar); Ian Wheeler (clarinet, alto saxophone); Monty Sunshine (clarinet); Ronnie Scott (tenor saxophone); Jimmy Deuchar, Patrick Halcox (trumpet); Johnny Parker , Peter Bardens (piano); Brian Auger (organ); Ron Bowden, Graham Burbridge (drums).
Recording information: EMI Abbey Road Studios, London, England (11/09/1954-09/14/1964).
British trad jazz luminary trombonist Chris Barber gets the best-of treatment on this nice single-disc overview. While not as extensive as Chris Barber and His Jazz Band: The Pye Jazz Anthology, The Best of Chris Barber's Jazz Band is a good representation of the '60s jazzman's work. ~ Matt Collar
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!