- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 40 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 15, 2009
- Originally Released: 1989
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Killer commentary by actors Scott Reeves, Jensen Daggett and Kane Hodder
- New York has a New Problem - The making of Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes amanhattan
- Slashed scenes
- Gag reel
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
After an electricity from a torn cable revives him on the river bottom where his body lies, masked slasher Jason Voorhees stows away on a cruise ship carrying a graduating class of Crystal Lake teens to the Big Apple. Along the way, the ship braves a storm, which is nothing compared to the violence that the hockey mask-wearing psychopath inflicts on the passengers. Upon arriving in New York (in the film's final twenty minutes), Jason's murderous ways don't seem out of place, and the locals hardly pay him any mind.
Masked slasher Jason Voorhees stows away on a cruise ship carrying Crystal Lake teens to the Big Apple. Not surprisingly, Jason's feral ways don't seem out of place on the mean streets of NYC, and the locals hardly pay him any mind at all. This reaction greatly dismays the few terrorized teenagers who've survived the blood-soaked boat trip.
- Shot in Ultra-Stereo, Technicolor prints.
- Produced by Horror Inc.
- Additional cast: V.C. Dupree (Julius Gaw), Sharlene Martin (Tamara Mason), Martin Cummins (Wayne Webber), Timothy Burr Mirkovich (Young Jason), and Amber Pawlick (Young Rennie).
- Additional credits: Mary Guilfoyle (production manager), Jeffrey Authors (assistant director)