Rainbow Long Live Rock 'n' Roll [Deluxe Edition] (2-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$23.14 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$3.85 (14% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 13, 2012
- Label: Universal UK
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Long Live Rock N Roll
- 2.Lady of The Lake
- 3.L.A. Connection
- 4.Gates of Babylon
- 5.Kill The King
- 6.The Shed
- 7.Sensitive To Light
- 8.Rainbow Eyes
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Lady of The Lake (Rough Mix)
- 2.Sensitive To Light (Rough Mix)
- 3.L. A. Connection (Rough Mix)
- 4.Kill The King (Rough Mix)
- 5.The Shed (Subtle)
- 6.Long Live Rock 'N' Roll
- 7.Rainbow Eyes (Rough Mix)
- 8.Long Live Rock N Roll (L.A. Rehearsal, 1977)
- 9.Kill The King (L.A. Rehearsal, 1977)
- 10.Long Live Rock N Roll (Live on the Don Kirschner Show, 1978)
- 11.L. A. Connection (Live on the Don Kirschner Show, 1978)
- 12.Gates of Babylon (Live on the Don Kirschner Show, 1978)
- 13.L. A. Connection (Live on the Don Kirschner Show, 1978 (Outtake Version))
- 14.Gates of Babylon (Live on the Don Kirschner Show, 1978 (Outtake Version))
Rainbow includes: Ronnie James Dio (vocals); Ritchie Blackmore (guitar); Cozy Powell (drums).
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Released in 1978, LONG LIVE was the final Ronnie James Dio-fronted release by Rainbow. Dio would go on to front Black Sabbath, while guitarist Richie Blackmore would reunite with Deep Purple. The album caps off a string of tremendous releases from one of the strongest branches on the heavy-metal family tree.
The title track is a fan favorite and one of the strongest tunes from this era--a heavy rock tune written for arenas. "Lady of the Lake" is a solid number featuring haunting background vocals. "L.A. Connection" features the piano tinglings of keyboardist David Stone. "Gates of Babylon" is a mammoth track featuring the Bavarian String Ensemble, as synthesizer and strings combine for a symphonic big-rock sound. Another standout is "Kill the King," a speedy, full force tune with Mr. Blackmore doing what he does best. Blackmore opens the thunderous "The Shed (Subtle)" with a fluid, effects-laden bluesy solo. "Rainbow Eyes" is a seven-minute epic that features a string quartet, flute, and Dio's euphonic balladry. LONG LIVE, while not the masterwork that is RAINBOW RISING, is a strong album that ends the Dio era on a high note.
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)
$3.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 88 ratings.
Based on 88 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)
$1.98 on SALE