Rainbow Long Live Rock 'n' Roll [Deluxe Edition] (2-CD)
14 copies available
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$22.19 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.80 (11% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Number of Discs: 2
- Released: November 13, 2012
- Label: Universal UK
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Long Live Rock N Roll
- 2.Lady of The Lake
- 3.L.A. Connection
- 4.Gates of Babylon
- 5.Kill The King
- 6.The Shed
- 7.Sensitive To Light
- 8.Rainbow Eyes
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.Lady of The Lake (Rough Mix)
- 2.Sensitive To Light (Rough Mix)
- 3.L. A. Connection (Rough Mix)
- 4.Kill The King (Rough Mix)
- 5.The Shed (Subtle)
- 6.Long Live Rock 'N' Roll
- 7.Rainbow Eyes (Rough Mix)
- 8.Long Live Rock N Roll (L.A. Rehearsal, 1977)
- 9.Kill The King (L.A. Rehearsal, 1977)
- 10.Long Live Rock N Roll (Live on the Don Kirschner Show, 1978)
- 11.L. A. Connection (Live on the Don Kirschner Show, 1978)
- 12.Gates of Babylon (Live on the Don Kirschner Show, 1978)
- 13.L. A. Connection (Live on the Don Kirschner Show, 1978 (Outtake Version))
- 14.Gates of Babylon (Live on the Don Kirschner Show, 1978 (Outtake Version))
Rainbow includes: Ronnie James Dio (vocals); Ritchie Blackmore (guitar); Cozy Powell (drums).
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Released in 1978, LONG LIVE was the final Ronnie James Dio-fronted release by Rainbow. Dio would go on to front Black Sabbath, while guitarist Richie Blackmore would reunite with Deep Purple. The album caps off a string of tremendous releases from one of the strongest branches on the heavy-metal family tree.
The title track is a fan favorite and one of the strongest tunes from this era--a heavy rock tune written for arenas. "Lady of the Lake" is a solid number featuring haunting background vocals. "L.A. Connection" features the piano tinglings of keyboardist David Stone. "Gates of Babylon" is a mammoth track featuring the Bavarian String Ensemble, as synthesizer and strings combine for a symphonic big-rock sound. Another standout is "Kill the King," a speedy, full force tune with Mr. Blackmore doing what he does best. Blackmore opens the thunderous "The Shed (Subtle)" with a fluid, effects-laden bluesy solo. "Rainbow Eyes" is a seven-minute epic that features a string quartet, flute, and Dio's euphonic balladry. LONG LIVE, while not the masterwork that is RAINBOW RISING, is a strong album that ends the Dio era on a high note.
20th Century Masters - The Millennium Collection: The Best... (CD)(14)
$4.48 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 88 ratings.
Based on 88 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!