Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours
- Video: Color
- Released: September 15, 2009
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Universal Studios
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Van Helsing: The Story, The Life, The Legend - An in-depth look at each of the film's characters, original set designs, Industrial Light & Magic effects work, the evolution of the legendary character Van Helsing throughout film history
- Track The Adventure - The Secrets behind each fantastic set are revealed
- Bringing the Monsters To Life - From pencil sketches to complete digital composition, the experts at Industrial Light & Magic show how the Van Helsing monsters were brought to life
- Dracula's Lair Is Transformed - Witness the building, filming, and ultimate destruction of the Coffin Room and Dracula's Lab through time lapse motion photography
- The Music Of Van Helsing
- The Art of Van Helsing
- Two Feature Commentaries
- D-Box Motion Enabled
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- DTS - English, French, Spanish
- DTS HD Master Audio - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 05/07/2004
"[With a] gleeful, chaotic sense of visual excess."
USA Today - 05/07/2004
"The best part is the moodily handsome look of the sets..."
Chicago Sun-Times - 05/07/2004
"The movie is like a Greatest Hits compilation; it's assembled like Frankenstein's Monster, from spare parts stitched together and brought to life with electricity, plus lots of computer-generated images."
Widescreen Review - 06/01/2006
"The dark, desaturated imagery perfectly complements this vampires and werewolves tale, with lots of cold bluish-gray exteriors and warm firelit interiors."
All varieties of otherworldly creatures come out to play in Stephen Sommers' gothic carnival. Frankenstein's monster, ferocious werewolves, vampire bat babies, a maniacal scientist named Igor, and a CGI Dr. Jekyll are just a few. When they come together, a thrilling fantasy adventure results, making VAN HELSING a visual feast. Destined to fight the world's evil, Van Helsing (Hugh Jackman) is a warrior in a cowboy hat and a trench coat, heavily armed with a rapid-fire multi-arrow crossbow, among other gadgetry. A legion of monks in Rome send Van Helsing to Transylvania to hunt the immortal Count Dracula (Richard Roxburgh), who terrorizes the local people with the help of his three vampire brides. Especially threatened is the vixen Anna Valerious (Kate Beckinsale), whose family also strives to kill the Count. Van Helsing and Anna Valerious work together, searching for the secret door to Dracula's lair. But it is only after massive battles involving impossible stunts, races on horse-pulled carriages, and the desecration of enchanting medieval castles (all done with dizzying computer graphics) that they succeed. Not only does the eye candy keep on coming, the tongue-in-cheek writing and deep Transylvanian accents perfect the film with a dose of dark humor.
Theatrical Release |
- Theatrical Release: MAY 7, 2004