Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 2 hours, 1 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 15, 2009
- Originally Released: 1998
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by director Mimi Leder and visual effects supervisor Scott Farrar
- Preparing for the end
- Making an impact
- Creating the perfect trafic jam
- Parting thoughts
- Photo gallery
- Teaser trailer
- Theatrical trailers
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Sight and Sound - 07/??/1998
"...It is hard to imagine a better space-trip, all skills at full blast..."
USA Today - 05/22/1998
"...Oscar-winning special effects..."
Entertainment Weekly - 06/04/2004
"Mimi Leder's cautionary comet tale was most unexpected -- the disaster movie as chick flick."
When it is discovered that an enormous comet is on a collision course with Earth, a handful of Americans make different preparations for the end of the world. While Leo Biederman (Elijah Wood), the fourteen-year-old amateur astronomer who discovered the comet, deals with the pangs of first love, an ambitious newswoman (Tea Leoni) attempts to reconcile with her estranged parents. Simultaneously, a former astronaut (Robert Duvall) finds himself in the stars once again in an attempt to prevent the catastrophe from occurring. Mimi Leder (THE PEACEMAKER) directs from a script by Bruce Joel Rubin (GHOST) and Michael Tolkin (THE PLAYER).
Tear Jerker |