- Rated: PG
- Closed captioning available
- Run Time: 2 hours, 12 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: February 3, 2009
- Originally Released: 1985
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 2.35
- Dolby Digital 1.0 - Portuguese
- Dolby Digital 2.0 - English, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English,
- Subtitles - Chinese, English, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai
- Additional Release Material:
- Documentary: Making Of
- Trailers: Theatrical Trailer
- Text/Photo Galleries:
- Additional Text: Production Notes
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 07/10/1985
"...An energetic revival....The stars are very likable..."
Variety - 07/03/1985
"...Entertaining....There is much to applaud in Lawrence Kasdan's elaborate production....Rarely has the West appeared so alive..."
Los Angeles Times - 07/10/1985
"...Clearly it's a movie made with obvious affection for the form, with ferociously good actors and with every detail of its production lovingly crafted..."
As the result of a chance meeting, four cowboys on horseback are drawn together to defeat a corrupt frontier sheriff and his vicious posse. An enjoyable high-spirited western. Starring Kevin Kline, Danny Glover, Brain Dennehy and Rosanna Arquette, and written and directed by Lawrence Kasdan (THE ACCIDENTAL TOURIST). Academy Award Nominations: Best Sound, Best Original Score.
Description by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment:
Get ready for some horse-ridin', gun-totin', whiskey-drinkin' fun in this digitally remastered collector's edition of Lawrence Kasdan's SILVERADO, featuring a never-before-seen featurette with interviews from the cast and the filmmakers! The spirited Western stars Kevin Kline, Scott Glenn, Kevin Costner, and Danny Glover as four unwitting heroes who cross paths on their journey to the sleepy townof Silverado. Little do they know the town where their family and friends reside has been taken over by a corrupt sheriff and a murderous posse. It's up to the sharp-shooting foursome to save the day, but first they have to break each other out of jail, and learn who their real friends are. Thanks to its authentic look and spectacular cast, which also includes Rosanna Arquette, John Cleese, BrianDennehy, Jeff Goldblum, and Oscar(r)-winner Linda Hunt (1983 Best Supporting Actress, The Year of Living Dangerously), this exciting Old West adventure created a whole new generation of Western fans and earned its "modern classic" status.
Four cowboys join forces in the Old West to combat injustice in "Silverado", director Lawrence Kasdan's loving ode to the Western. Emmett, a quiet loner, saves Paden from sure death in the desert, where a band of outlaws had abandoned him. They then befriend Mal, a black cowboy who was denied service at a saloon, and all three move on to rescue Emmett's hot-headed brother from being hanged. The quartet finally reach their destination, Silverado, where they must make a stand against the corrupt sheriff and the band of murderous ranchers who have dogged them their entire journey.
- "Silverado" was produced in ccoperation with the American Humane Association.
- Additional cast: Marvin J. McIntyre (as Clerk), Brad Williams (Trooper), Bill Thurman (Proprietor), Autry Ward (Hat Thief), Jacob Kasdan (Stable Boy), Rusty Meyers (Conrad), Zeke Davidson (Mr. Parker), Lois Geary (Mrs. Parker), Troy Ward (Baxter), Roy McAdams (Tall Outlaw), Patricia Gaul (Kate), Earl Hindman (J. T.), Tom Brown (Augie), Jerry Biggs (Bartender), Sam Gauny (Deputy Garth), Ken Farmer (Deputy Kyle), Bill McIntosh (Deputy Charlie), Charlie Seybert (Shopkeeper), Jane Beauchamp (Woman Neighbour), Jerry Block (Townsman), Ben Zeller (Townsman), and Ross Loney (Red).
- Additional crew: David Israel (as location manager), Richard Walden (camera operator), William F. Bennett (Terra-flite operator), Billy R. Brashier (Projectionist), Janet Kusnick (Illustrator), Robert W. Ramage (Special effects), Floyd Van Wey (Special effects), Richard S. Wood (Special effects), Noteworthy Inc. (Music editing), Gene Feldman (Music editor), Erma Levin (Music editor), Stephen Shubin (Wardrobe - men), Le Dawson (Wardrobe - men), Oda Groeschel (Wardrobe - women), Joseph R. Fineman (Sound editor - dialogue), Norman B. Schwartz (Sound editor - post-production dialogue), Dody Dorn (Foley editor), Clifford Latimer (Foley editor), Karen I. Stern (ADR editor), Arvo Ojala (Technical gun coach), and Corky Randall (Livestock ramrod).
- Filmed on location in New Mexico
- Shot in Technicolor and Super Techniscope. Sound by Dolby. Opticals by Modern Film Effects. Title design by Wayne Fitzgerald.
- Rated BBFC PG by the British Board of Film Classification.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 212 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 71,453
- UPC: 043396287310
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item