The Ohio Express The Best of the Ohio Express: Yummy Yummy Yummy
Only 7 copies left
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 CDs for $49.90
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- by Various Artists ~ 25 All-Time Greatest Bubblegum Hits: The Ultimate Bubblegum Collection ~ $14.23
- by The Box Tops ~ The Best of the Box Tops ~ $5.97 (Save 25%)
- by The Lemon Pipers ~ The Best of the Lemon Pipers ~ $7.67
- by The Ohio Express ~ Golden Classics ~ $2.98 (Save 77%)
- by Tommy Roe ~ Greatest Hits [MCA] ~ $9.72
- Released: March 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Yummy, Yummy, Yummy
- 2.Nothing Sweeter Than My Baby
- 4.Sweeter Than Sugar
- 6.Chewy Chewy
- 7.She's Not Comin' Home
- 8.Gimme Gimme
- 9.1, 2, 3 Red Light
- 10.Down At Lulu's
- 12.Sausalito (Is The Place To Go)
- 13.Pinch Me (Baby Convince Me)
Ohio Express includes: Joey Levine, Graham Gouldman (vocals); Jim Pfhaler (organ); Tim Corwin (drums).
Producers: J. Levin, A. Resnick, J. Katz, J. Kasenetz, JJ Woods.
Compilation producers: Rob Santos, Paul Williams.
Includes liner notes by Kim Cooper.
Digitally remastered by Dennis Ferrante (BMG Studios, New York, New York).
The Best of the Ohio Express: Yummy Yummy Yummy serves up 14 jaw-aching tracks from the chewy, chewy center of the late '60s synthesized pop music otherwise known as bubblegum pop. The efforts of the revolving-door stream of musicians who performed and recorded under the Ohio Express moniker is the focus of this succinct compilation that clocks in at shortly over a half hour. The Buckeye-based Ohio Express were originally called Sir Timothy & the Royals -- a teenage garage band working locally for weekend gigs such as parties, school proms, and so on. They were scouted by producers Jerry Kasenetz and Jeff Katz. Their unwillingness to take their cues from the hitmaking Kasenetz and Katz assured that any future autonomy would be doubtful. As had become the tradition with their labelmates and chart rivals the 1910 Fruitgum Company and the Lemon Pipers, recordings were issued by a band using the same Ohio Express name. Kasenetz and Katz released these records with little or no regard for the band formerly known as Sir Timothy & the Royals back in Ohio -- who were now also known as the Ohio Express. Confused yet? Their biggest hit, "Yummy Yummy Yummy," had first been offered to -- and rejected by -- Jay & the Techniques, who were searching for a follow up to "Apple, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie." The session musician and lead vocalist on the track so impressed the label, he was deemed the Ohio Express' lead singer. Other charting hits for the band included on this collection include: "Chewy Chewy," "Sweeter Than Sugar," and "Mercy." Nearing the end of Kasenetz and Katz's run with the Ohio Express was the country-rock flavor heard on "Sausalito (Is the Place to Go)." The backing group would eventually become the core of 10cc on this seminal Graham Gouldman composition. ~ Lindsay Planer
1910 Fruitgum Co.The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 18 ratings.
Based on 18 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 9,485
- UPC: 886972446325
- Shipping Weight: 0.19/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)(17)
Bargain Audio CDs & Priceless Collection Product Series:
- 311 Music (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Playlist: The Very Best of 311 [Clean] (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Soundsystem (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
- 311 Uplifter (CD) ~ $5.97 on SALE
Oldies: Bubble Gum Music Categories:
- Alive 'N Kickin' Alive 'N Kickin' (CD) ~ $3.98 on SALE
- The Archies The Complete Albums Collection (5-CD) ~ $40.48
Sugar, Sugar... [Repertoire] (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Boyce & Hart
I Wonder What She's Doing Tonite: The Best of Boyce & Hart (CD)
$13.99 Super Savings
Tommy Boyce / Bobby Hart
Action! - The Songs of Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart [Import] (CD)
$14.81 Super Savings