The Damned Damned Damned Damned [Deluxe Box] (4-CD)
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
by The Damned ~ The Black Album [Deluxe Edition] (2-CD) $13.58
by The Damned ~ Machine Gun Etiquette [25th Anniversary Edition] (Live) $12.35
by The Damned ~ Phantasmagoria [Expanded] (2-CD) ~ $22.49
- Number of Discs: 4
- Released: December 11, 2012
- Originally Released: 2012
- Label: Universal UK
Q - 5/02 SE, p.1364 stars out of 5 - Included in Q's "100 Best Punk Albums" - "...One of the nastiest, most ragged and downright funniest record of the era..."
Uncut - 8/02, p.1204 out of 5 - "...DAMNED DAMNED DAMNED still thrills after all these years..."
Mojo (Publisher) - 3/03, p.76Ranked #3 in Mojo's "Top 50 Punk Albums" - "...Fast and furious, a fabulous snapshot of punk's earliest, subterranean days..."
Tracks on Disc 1:
- 1.Neat Neat Neat
- 2.Fan Club
- 3.I Fall
- 4.Born To Kill
- 5.Stab Your Back
- 6.Feel The Pain
- 7.New Rose
- 9.See Her Tonite
- 10.1 of The 2
- 11.So Messed Up
- 12.I Feel Alright
Tracks on Disc 2:
- 1.I Fall - Demo 1976
- 2.See Her Tonite - Demo 1976
- 3.Feel The Pain - Demo 1976
- 4.Help - Stiff B - Side 1976
- 5.Stab Your Back - Peel Sesion 1976
- 6.Neat Neat Neat - Peel Sesion 1976
- 7.New Rose - Peel Sesion 1976
- 8.So Messed Up - Peel Sesion 1976
- 9.I Fall - Peel Sesion 1976
- 10.Singalongascabies - Stiff B - Side 1977
- 11.Fan Club - Peel Session 1977
- 12.Feel The Pain - Peel Session 1977
- 13.Stretcher Case Baby - Peel Session 1977
- 14.Sick of Being Sick - Peel Session 1977
- 15.I Feel Alright - In Concert 1977
- 16.Born To Kill - In Concert 1977
- 17.Sick of Being Sick - In Concert 1977
- 18.Neat Neat Neat - In Concert 1977
- 19.Fan Club - In Concert 1977
- 20.Stretcher Case Baby - In Concert 1977
- 21.Help - In Concert 1977
- 22.Stab Your Back - In Concert 1977
- 23.So Messed Up - In Concert 1977
- 24.New Rose - In Concert 1977
- 25.Stretcher Case Baby - Stiff Single 1977
- 26.Sick of Being Sick - Stiff Single 1977
Tracks on Disc 3:
- 1.1 of The 2 - Live @ The 100 Club
- 2.New Rose - Live @ The 100 Club
- 3.Alone - Live @ The 100 Club
- 4.Help - Live @ The 100 Club
- 5.Fan Club - Live @ The 100 Club
- 6.I Feel Alright - Live @ The 100 Club
- 7.Feel The Pain - Live @ The 100 Club
- 8.Fish - Live @ The 100 Club
- 9.Circles - Live @ The 100 Club
- 10.See Her Tonite - Live @ The 100 Club
- 11.I Fall - Live @ The 100 Club
- 12.So Messed Up - Live @ The 100 Club
Tracks on Disc 4:
- 1.Is She Really Going Out With Him? - Radio One Damned Documen
- 2.Rock On Interview - Radio One Interview
- 3.Interview With Capt. Sensible & Rat Scabies - Radio One Inte
The Damned: Brian James (vocals, guitar); Captain Sensible (vocals, bass); Rat Scabies (vocals, drums); Dave Vanian (vocals).
Includes liner notes by Kieron Tyler.
All tracks have been digitally remastered.
Released in early 1977, DAMNED DAMNED DAMNED was one of the first punk albums issued and it remains a certified punk classic. Unlike the work of such contemporaries as the Adverts and Slaughter and the Dogs, this stunning debut sounds as fresh and vital today as it did in 1977. The album blasts off with the searing "Neat Neat Neat," a raging slab of buzzsaw guitars, crashing drums, and the sneering vocals of Dave Vanian that ranks among the 20 best punk songs of the era.
Never as political as the Sex Pistols or the Clash, the Damned were the original cartoon punks, merrily ripping through such cheerful songs as "Born to Kill," "Stab Your Back," and "Fish" with reckless abandon, playing punk rock for the simple joy of making loud, aggressive music. Other highlights include the group's anthemic hit single, "New Rose," a pounding track that's powered by a monster riff from guitarist Brian James, and a swell rendition of the Stooges' "I Feel Alright." Produced by Nick Lowe (who allegedly sped up the original tapes to give the Damned a "punkier" sound), DAMNED DAMNED DAMNED is essential for any fan of UK or West Coast punk.
Machine Gun Etiquette [25th Anniversary Ed.] (Live) (CD)
$12.35 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 82 ratings.
Based on 82 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Absolute Hits - Top Hits of the 60s: 20 Original Hits (CD) TOP 10 Bestseller
99¢ on SALE
Will You Love Me Tomorrow: The Girl Groups of 50s & 60s... (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$6.98 on SALE
Camp Meeting / Soul of The Gospel Harmonettes (CD) TOP 25 Bestselling CD
$1.98 on SALE