- Released: March 1, 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
Entertainment Weekly - 8/20/93, p.62Rating: B-
JazzTimes - 12/93, p.51
"...an adroit blend of mellow folk, fusion and jazz....Liebert offers appealing soundscapes splashed with pastels and palpable rhythms...."
- 1.Bombay (Night Of Dreams)
- 3.Ten Piedad De Mi (Mercy Mercy Me)
- 4.Havana Club
- 5.Morning Arrival In Goa (Lighthouse Flash Over The Sea)
- 6.Lone Rider - (4 Slick)
- 7.Buddha's Flower - (4 my sister)
- 8.Blink (Slipping) - (intro)
- 10.Danza De Los Sentidos
- 11.Neon Ghost Sensei (Overflowing)
- 12.Like Fire 2 Straw
- 13.Lush (Sea Of Sound) - (intro)
- 15.Sleepless (Distortion / System Crash)
- 16.Adrift In Tangier
- 17.Fullmoonbeachwalk - (4 Jon)
- 18.Temple Dawn (Ultravivid Clouds) - (intro)
- 19.Dream (I Just Want 2 Drown In U)
Personnel: Ottmar Liebert (guitar, lute); Jose "Grillo" Blanco (vocals); Calvin "El Guerro" Hazen (guitar); Domenico Camardella (piano, keyboards); Osamu Kitajima (koto); Jon Gagan (keyboards, bass); Stefan Liebert (keyboards, percussion); Davo Bryant (percussion, palmas); Mark Clark (percussion).
Recorded at Sound Design, Santa Barbara, California.
Fresh from opening up for Natalie Cole on her tour last year, Ottmar Liebert will begin his own tour with the spectacular new release The Hours Between Night and Day. Breaking new stylistic ground, Liebert combines the intimacy of acoustic guitar with electric musicianship mixed with light touches of computer-added harmonies. Spanish flamenco, the signature sound so strongly associated with Liebert and Luna Negra, is still easily heard on this new title, perhaps nowhere so apparent as on the Spanish language Marvin Gaye classic "Mercy Mercy Me...." ~ MusD