- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, French, Japanese, Korean
- Rated: R
- Run Time: 1 hours, 57 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: March 16, 2004
- Originally Released: 1981
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen - 1.85
Performers, Cast and Crew:
Ron Moody &
Jennifer Jason Leigh,
George Grizzard &
Description by OLDIES.com:
If It Doesn't Happen On TV, It Means Nothing!
Political double-talk, dirty tricks, hidden microphones, spy satellites, bugging the Oval Office and a nuclear bomb for sale are all ingredients in this swift, funny and frightening look at the possibilities in today's political arenas. Sean Connery stars as globe-trotting ace TV news reporter Patrick Hale, who is on the trail of a terrorist offering the sale of a nuclear bomb to a Mid-East oil country. Hale juggles Arab sheiks and international intelligence agents to get at the story. Meanwhile, the President (George Grizzard) tries to convince the public there is no bomb to save his career, while his main opponent in the upcoming election tries to buy the bomb to prove it exists and discredit the President, and General Wombat (Robert Conrad) wants to just bomb the whole Middle East. The frenzied plot is hilarious, yet its close parallels to today's front page news add an ominous element of fright.
Broad political farce which follows the exploits of a world traveling TV field correspondent (Sean Connery) working for the World Television Network, who uncovers a terrorist plot to get hold of a nuclear bomb to sell to a Mideast country, and the subsequent effect the story has on the President of the United States, his political opponent and a chauvinist general.
Black Comedy |
Nuclear Destruction |
- Shot on location in New York; Washington, DC; Texas; New Mexico; France and Italy with Panavision equipment. Color by Metrocolor.
- Special thanks to: Dr. Ivan Catton and Dr. Gerald C. Pomraning (Nuclear Research Advisors) and the SONY Corp. of America
- Titles and opticals by Pacific Titles; title and montage design by George Grenville.
- Additional cast: Tony March (Abu), Cherie Michan (Erika), Marianne Marks (Suzy), Ivy Bethune (Housewife), and Tom McFadden (Billy Bob Harper).
- Additional credits: Lillian Barb (hairstylist) and Joan Biel (music editor).
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 16 ratings.
Be the first Movie Lover to
write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 26,735
- UPC: 043396103368
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item