Vintage Christmas TV Classics - Volume 1 (Red Skelton Show / Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet / Jack Benny Show / The Beverly Hillbillies)
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
by Various Artists ~ Ultimate Christmas Album, Volumes 3 & 4 (2-CD) (Includes Bonus DVD) ~ $17.49
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 3 hours, 36 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: August 31, 2004
- Originally Released: 2004
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Red Skelton, Ozzie Nelson, Harriet Nelson & Jack Benny|
Description by OLDIES.com:
The Red Skelton Show In the episode "Freddie and the Yuletide Doll": Red Skelton is performing in his beloved "Freddie-The-Freeloader" persona. Freddie finds himself alone on Christmas Eve in a public park. Finding an old tattered Raggedy Ann doll, he imagines it to be his dream date and the doll comes alive. In O. Henry's "The Cop and The Anthem," Freddie-The-Freeloader is determined to get locked up in jail for 90 days to pass the harsh winter. But try as he might Freddie is unable to get arrested.
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet: In the 1964 Christmas episode, it looks like an overcommitted Ozzie will have no time to help his family celebrate Christmas when a wonderful surprise reaffirms his enjoyment of the season. In the second episode, a misplaced gift leads the family to collect presents for the less fortunate and spread the holiday spirit to the needy.
The Jack Benny Show: This New Year's Eve show features surprise guest star Jayne Mansfield. The Sportsmen Quartet and gravel-voiced Eddie "Rochester" Anderson perform a spirited musical number about New Years in Trinidad. "The Three Landrew Sisters" (not to be confused with The Andrew Sisters) provide the perfect foils for Jack's cutting wit. In a Christmas episode, Jack and Rochester are in a busy department store seeking last minute gifts. This segment features a comical performance from Mel Blanc, the voice of Bugs Bunny.
The Beverly Hillbillies: The Clampetts receive California-themed gifts from the snobby Drysdales, who want to keep the Hillbillies and their 25 million dollars from returning to their Ozark geyser of black gold. In a later Christmas edition, the Clampetts take a first-class trip home to visit kinfolk. Marking their first time on a plane, the unsophisticated Clampetts confront modern technology with hilarious results.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 17 ratings.
- Sales Rank: 6,770
- UPC: 089218449290
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) (DVD-R) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Abraham Lincoln (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE