LOW STOCK: Only 1 copy left
|CYBER SALE:||$5.97 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$2.01 (25% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
- 1.Easy Livin'
- 2.Feel Me, Touch Me (Do Anything You Want)
- 3.All I Need Is Your Love
- 4.Another Day
- 6.We Become One
- 7.Give It All You Got
- 8.Say What You Will
- 9.You Got Me Runnin'
- 10.Give It Some Action
- 11.Far Far From Home - (bonus track)
Fastway: Dave King (vocals, harmonica); Fast Eddie Clarke (guitar); Pete Way (bass); Jerry Shirley (drums).
Bluesy hard rock and boogie was still around in the early 1980s, even as hair metal started grabbing all the attention. One such British band, Fastway, was led by two veterans: Motorhead guitarist Fast Eddie Clarke and Humble Pie drummer Jerry Shirley. They recruited unknown singer and harmonica player David King and released their successful self-titled debut in 1983. Fastway had no full-time bassist at this point, and whoever played on the album isn't credited. King was a virtual Robert Plant clone, and to say that much of Fastway bears more than a passing resemblance to Led Zeppelin is an understatement. Despite its derivative nature, this is sloppy, unrefined fun. Overall, Clarke's guitar work here is more diverse than what he did in Motorhead, yet the blistering opener, "Easy Livin'," is full of his jackhammer riffing. The tune is actually catchy too, and King's exuberant vocals can't be ignored. "Feel Me, Touch Me (Do Anything You Want)," "Heft!," and "We Become One" are good, but the sputtering "Say What You Will" and the dramatically bombastic bonus track "Far Far From Home" rank with "Easy Livin'" (not a Uriah Heep cover, by the way) as the best songs on Fastway. It's interesting to note that, although Fastway's influences are obvious, the band generally avoided the venomous critical barbs and comparisons suffered by Kingdom Come five years later. ~ Bret Adams
Kingdom ComeThe Best of 20th Century Masters / Millennium Collection
$3.99 CYBER SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 42 ratings.
Based on 42 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
- Sales Rank: 10,779
- UPC: 886972382425
- Shipping Weight: 0.25/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
The Best of the 1910 Fruitgum Company: Simon Says (CD)
- 101 Strings Orchestra Treasury of Christmas (3-CD) ~ $7.87 CYBER SALE
- 21 Guns Salute (CD) ~ $13.37 CYBER SALE
- 2nd II None Classic 220 (CD-R) ~ $11.98 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Best of 2Pac Pt. 1: Thug (CD) ~ $9.45 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac The Best of Pt. 1: Thug [Clean] (CD) ~ $6.44 CYBER SALE