The Marrying Kind
|CYBER SALE:||$22.95 Limited Time Only|
- Language: English
- Subtitles: English, French
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 32 minutes
- Video: Black & White
- Released: October 21, 2003
- Originally Released: 1952
- Label: Sony Pictures
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
- Dolby Digital Mono - English
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Starring||Judy Holliday & Aldo Ray|
|Performer:||Rex Williams, Griff Barnett, Peggy Cass, John Alexander, Sheila Bond, Phyllis Povah, Mickey Shaughnessy, Madge Kennedy & Aldo Ray|
|Directed by||George Cukor|
|Edited by||Charles Nelson|
|Written by||Ruth Gordon|
|Composition by||Hugo Friedhofer|
|Produced by||Bert Granet|
|Director of Photography:||Joseph Walker|
"...Holliday and co-star Aldo Ray give performances they never surpassed..."
Description by OLDIES.com:
Fresh from the tremendous critical and commercial success of Born Yesterday, this role for Holliday proved she was not only a wonderful comedic actress, but also excellent with pathos as well. Newcomer Ray, formerly employed as a town constable, received unanimous critical acclaim and would work next again with director Cukor in Pat And Mike starring Katharine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy.
- Extensive location shooting was done in New York; several scenes were shot at a real New York post office.
- Cukor recommended that star Aldo Ray go to ballet school because he walked too much like a football player.
- For the memorable 4th of July picnic flashback, Cukor relied for inspiration on a production of Chekov's THE CHERRY ORCHARD.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 4 ratings.
I would recommend this movie to anyone who likes the conflict of married life. It is both comedy and a bit of drama. Aldo Ray is fabulous in his first movie appearance. Judy and Aldo provide a realistic and believable chemistry. A pleasant surprise.
- 2Pac Tupac - Live at the House of Blues (Blu-ray) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 2Pac Tupac - Complete Live Performances (2-DVD) ~ $15.96 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Behind-the-Scenes Footage and Music Videos (DVD) ~ $2.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Refuse 2 Die: The Unauthorized Biography (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
- 50 Cent Shoot First (DVD) ~ $4.98 CYBER SALE
Top ranking titles in the Comedy genre:
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Cultoons! Rare, Lost and Strange Cartoons! Ads and Oddities (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- The Golden Age of Cartoons: Attack of the 30's Characters - Cartoon Classics from All Eight Major American Animation Studios (DVD) ~ $1.19 CYBER SALE
- Foreplay (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE
- Buster Keaton - Industrial Strength: Classic Commercials, Industrial Films & Archival Rarities (2-DVD) ~ $2.39 CYBER SALE
- The Evolved (DVD) ~ 59¢ CYBER SALE