- Released: February 1, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Sbme Special Mkts.
The Source - 12/92, p.703.5 Stars
- Good Plus - "..CMW's strength comes from the unique combination of MC Eiht's lyrical, jheri curl Comptonisms over thick tracks. His accent may sound funny to the East Coast ear, but you don't have to be from Compton to tell that the brother has heart.."
- 2.Hit The Floor
- 3.Hood Took Me Under
- 4.Jack Mode
- 5.Compton 4 Life
- 6.8 Iz Enough
- 7.Duck Sick II
- 8.Dead Men Tell No Lies
- 9.N 2 Deep (with Mr. Scarface)
- 10.Who's Xxxxing Who?
- 11.This Is A Gang
- 13.Niggaz Strugglin
- 14.I Gots Ta Get Over
- 15.U's A Bitch
- 16.Another Victim
- 17.Def Wish II
- 18.Music To Driveby
Compton's Most Wanted: The MC Eiht (vocals); DJ Mike T (scratches, programming).
Additional personnel: William Zimmerman (harmonica, saxophone, keyboards, background vocals); Emmage, Mr. Scarface.
Producers: MC Eiht, DJ Slip, DJ Mike T, Master Ric Roc.
Recorded at Big Beat Soundlabs, Los Angeles and Slips X Factor Studios, Inglewood, California.
All lyrics by The MC Eiht except "N 2 Deep" (The MC Eiht/Mr. Scarface).
The third and commercially most successful album by Los Angeles rappers Compton's Most Wanted contained such terse narratives as "Dead Men Tell No Lies" and "Hit the Floor." If there hadn't been such an abundance of similar material in the early '90s, these tales might have triggered intense scrutiny and analysis. Instead, the most common response is that MC Eiht's raps aren't quite as loose or expressive as those of Spice 1, Ice Cube, Nas, or many others telling identical stories. ~ Ron Wynn