Roberto Bianchi Montero
|You Save:||$2.03 (25% Off)|
or Mix & Match 10 Alpha DVDs for $39.90
- Mondo Balordo - 11" x 17" Poster ~ $9.98 (Save 33%)
More products that might interest you:
- Classic Exploitation Collection: 20 Full Color Vintage Movie Postcards ~ $5.98 (Save 60%)
- Rated: Not Rated
- Run Time: 1 hours, 26 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: August 31, 2004
- Originally Released: 1964
- Label: Alpha Video
- Encoding: Region 0 (Worldwide)
- Packaging: Keep Case
- Aspect Ratio: Full Frame - 1.33
Performers, Cast and Crew:
|Directed by||Roberto Bianchi Montero|
|Narrated by||Boris Karloff|
Description by OLDIES.com:
THIS DOCUMENTARY IS PRESENTED UNCUT AND THEREFORE CONTAINS GRAPHIC SCENES OF VIOLENCE AND ADULT SITUATIONS WHICH SOME MAY FIND OBJECTIONABLE. VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
Movie Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 27 ratings.
Also known as A Fool's World. Boris Karloff narrates this Italian mondo documentary of supposedly strange things from around the world. We get to see a singing and dancing midget (which means I got my money's worth already - I loves me some talented midgets!), behind-the-scenes footage of Italian muscleman epics (the movie Samson specifically, I think), Hong Kong bondage photo shoots, an African elephant hunt, a transvestite nightclub in Germany, lesbians dancing with each other, female wrestlers (with balloons), the butchering of a sea turtle, Indians in Ecuador who chew cocaine leaves, junkies in Hong Kong, Jehovah's Witnesses, the Berlin Wall, crippled dogs, Arab girls bleaching their hair with camel urine, peeping toms, the island of Capri, and more. Unfortunately, the stuff I've listed are the highlights. Boris tries gamely to make it all seem exotic, significant, or at least sorta interesting, but he hasn't been given much to work with, and this soon becomes more mundane than mondo, with no nudity and very little gore or even anything all that bizarre. Tamest mondo movie ever.
Don't let the cover fool you. The only thing strange or bizarre about this movie are
the people who buy it.
I've seen a few Mondo Movies, most of which are very trashy, and this one is no exception! It's only saving grace is that it is narrated by the one and only Boris Karloff! You can also get this from another studio, however, I would buy this version first! It is very intersting, bizarre and VERY weird! They could only make films like this in the 60's! Alpha has done a great job with this package as usual & there is even a bonus feature on drug culture included. The dvd packaging is great too!
- Sales Rank: 9,713
- UPC: 089218447197
- Shipping Weight: 0.26/lbs (approx)
- International Shipping: 1 item
- 26 Men - Volumes 1-3 (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- $50,000 Reward (Silent) (with Bonus Short, "Then Came The Yawn") (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 7 Sins of The Vampire (2002) / Devilish Desire of Dario Dragani (2012) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- 70s Grindhouse Black Exploitation: TNT Jackson (1979) / The Black Godfather (1974) / Black Cobra (1981) / Black Cobra 2 (1990) / Black Cobra 3: The Manila Connection (1990) / The Black Gestapo (1975) / The Black Six (1974) (3-DVD) ~ $10.50 on SALE
- Abilene Town (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
Alpha Video Labels:
- Ace of Clubs (1925) / Another Man's Boots (1922) (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces and Eights (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Aces Wild / Wild Mustang (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Art Acord Double Feature: Fighters of the Saddle (Silent) / Pursued (Silent) (DVD-R) ~ $5.95 on SALE
- Across the Plains (DVD) ~ $5.95 on SALE