Interpol Our Love to Admire
|You Save:||$1.20 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: July 10, 2007
- Label: Capitol
Rolling Stone - p.913 stars out of 5 -- "OUR LOVE TO ADMIRE is their version of R.E.M.'s FABLES OF THE RECONSTRUCTION....[A] solid, understated third album that digs in..."
Entertainment Weekly - p.66"The outcome is akin to an artistic explosion....They've crowded this album with unexpected rhythmic feints..." -- Grade: A-
Uncut - p.864 stars out of 5 -- "[C]lean, sleek, armour-plated missiles, handling them all the time with an assured military swagger."
Alternative Press - p.1624.5 stars out of 5 -- "[T]he sheer diligence and finesse they've nurtured into these rich evening anthems is as undeniable as the talent with which the songs are delivered."
CMJ - p.42"Interpol devilishly fuses their love for the macabre with richly textured instrumentals."
Q (Magazine) - p.84Ranked #15 in Q's "The 50 Best Albums Of 2007" -- "There were big, bold ideas in between to send Interpol Top 5 on both sides of the Atlantic."
- 1.Pioneer to the Falls
- 2.No I in Threesome
- 3.The Scale
- 4.The Heinrich Maneuver
- 6.Pace Is the Trick
- 7.All Fired Up
- 8.Rest My Chemistry
- 9.Who Do You Think?
- 10.Wrecking Ball
- 11.The Lighthouse
Interpol: Carlos D., Daniel Kessler, Paul Banks , Sam Fogarino.
Audio Mixer: Rich Costey.
Recording information: Electric Lady Studios, New York, NY; The Magic Shop, New York, NY.
Photographer: Seth Smoot.
Although many fans have been waiting around for Interpol to replicate the magic of their 2002 debut TURN ON THE BRIGHT LIGHTS, the band deserves credit for not overtly aping the formula of that album. On 2007's OUR LOVE TO ADMIRE, as on the group's sophomore effort ANTICS, Interpol endeavor to stretch the fabric of their classic 1980s post-punk sound while leaning toward straightforward pop territory. They succeed, to a large degree, thanks to a major label budget (the band moved to Capitol for this release) and a strong batch of material.
None of this is to say that Interpol aren't still rooted in the dark dramatics of Joy Division, the band's primary influence, as the gloomy, churning "Pace is the Trick" and "Wrecking Ball" prove. But the upbeat feel of "The Heinrich Maneuver" and the thumping groove and catchy hooks of "No I in Threesome" show a fresher-faced Interpol, as do the ambitious production flourishes of tunes like opener "Pioneer to the Falls." The album's nicest surprise comes at the end: "The Lighthouse" is a spare, emotionally affecting song, lovely and haunting, illustrating--as the rest of the album does--the band's continued ability to captivate.
Turn On The Bright Lights [10th Anniversary Ed.] (2-CD +...
Out of PrintSave for Later
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 96 ratings.
Based on 96 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Campfire Songs: The Popular, Obscure & Unknown Recordings... (CD)
$19.47 Super Savings
Top ranking titles in the Pop / Rock genre:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Get It On: The Seventies DVD Jukebox ~ $2.38 on SALE
- Various Artists Retrospective Classic Rock (3CD) ~ $7.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Afternoon Delight: 70's Romance (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $9.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Southern Nights: Classic Country Crossovers (2CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- The Duprees For Collectors Only: 47-Song Collection (2-CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Summer Fun: 43-Song Collection (3-CD) ~ $8.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE