Creedence Clearwater Revival Pendulum [40th Anniversary Edition]
15 copies available
|LABOR DAY SALE:||$10.56 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.42 (12% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 6, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Fantasy
- 3.I't Just A Thought
- 4.(I Wish I Could) Hideaway
- 5.Pagan Baby
- 6.Sailor's Lament
- 7.Born To Move
- 8.Have You Ever Seen The Rain
- 9.Rude Awakening #2
- 10.Hey Tonight
- 11.Revolutions Per Minute (Part 1) - (previously unreleased)
- 12.Revolutions Per Minute (Part 2) - (previously unreleased)
- 13.Hey Tonight (Live In Hamburg, Germany, 1971)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Composer: John Fogerty.
Lyricist: John Fogerty.
Creedence Clearwater Revival: John Fogerty (vocals, guitar); Stu Cook (bass guitar, background vocals); Doug Clifford (drums, background vocals); Tom Fogerty (background vocals).
Audio Remasterer: George Horn.
Liner Note Author: Joel Selvin.
Recording information: Hamburg, Germany.
Photographers: Ed Caraeff; Jim Marshall ; Baron Wolman; Wayne Kimbell.
Arranger: John Fogerty.
Although not as flawless as 1969's WILLY & THE POOR BOYS or 1970's COSMO'S FACTORY, PENDULUM (also released in '70) certainly has its moments. It may only contain one certified hit single (the chugging, melancholic "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?," one of singer/songwriter John Fogerty's best), but both "(Wish I Could) Hideaway" and "Hey Tonight" have become staples on FM classic rock radio over the years, thanks to Fogerty's memorable melodies and inimitably gritty singing style.
Interestingly, PENDULUM is CCR's most ambitious album, with progressive arrangements, instrumentation (including brass and a vocal choir), and a higher gloss to the production. But Fogerty's songwriting is as solid as ever. The album's bluesy opener, "Pagan Baby," with its great guitar riff and tight ensemble playing, remains one of the band's most underrated songs. The style is mixed--from the poppy singalong "Molina" to the ballad "It's Just A Thought" (which contains some fine swirling organ work) to the adventurous album-closer "Rude Awakening #2" (one of the band's few instrumentals)--but PENDULUM proves that even when the band branched out, they could still deliver the goods.
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising: The... (Book)
$14.95 on SALE
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 27 ratings.
Based on 27 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- George Jones / Tammy Wynette Golden Ring / Near You (45) ~ $2.99 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line (45) ~ $2.40 LABOR DAY
- The Browns Complete As & Bs and More 1954 - 62 (CD) ~ $14.22 LABOR DAY
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Sounds of The Fabulous Fifties (Limited Distribution) (3-CD Box Set) ~ $8.48 LABOR DAY
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Jimmy Buffett Down To Earth / High Cumberland Jubilee (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 1 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE