Creedence Clearwater Revival Cosmo's Factory [40th Anniversary Bonus Tracks]
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.99 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.99 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: September 30, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Fantasy
Rolling Stone - 9/3/70, p.42"...one great rock and roll band...another damn good album by a group which is going to be around for a long time..."
Mojo (Publisher) - p.1305 stars out of 5 -- "It's their spare recorded sound which really thrills....The grooves fierce but sloppy, the singing raw and beseeching, the guitars mordant."
- 1.Ramble Tamble
- 2.Before You Accuse Me
- 3.Travelin' Band
- 4.Ooby Dooby
- 5.Lookin' Out My Back Door
- 6.Run Through the Jungle
- 7.Up Around the Bend
- 8.My Baby Left Me
- 9.Who'll Stop the Rain ?
- 10.I Heard It Through the Grapevine
- 11.Long As I Can See the Light
- 12.Travelin' Band - (alternate take)
- 13.Up Around the Bend [Live Amsterdam 1971] - (live)
- 14.Born On the Bayou [From a Jam Session With Booker T & the Mg's Tv Special 1970]
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Composer: John Fogerty.
Lyricist: John Fogerty.
Creedence Clearwater Revival: John Fogerty (vocals, guitar); Stu Cook (bass guitar, background vocals); Doug Clifford (drums, background vocals); Tom Fogerty (background vocals).
Audio Remasterer: George Horn.
Liner Note Authors: Robert Christgau; Joel Selvin.
Recording information: Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
Photographers: Bob Fogerty; Ron Rafaelli; Didi Zill.
Arranger: John Fogerty.
Creedence Clearwater Revival's continued their reputation as a consummate singles act with the release of COSMO'S FACTORY. Three of its singles, the blazing "Travelin' Band," the driving sting of "Up Around The Bend," and the irresistibly sunny fantasia hoedown "Looking Out My Back Door" (complete with tambourines and elephants) each achieved gold status. These tunes hit the mark completely, capturing the group's accessible, hook-laden rock 'n' roll with a lightness and urgency balanced by stinging guitars, unforgettable melodies, and the expressive voice of lead singer/songwriter John Fogerty.
Though COSMO'S FACTORY has its share of covers, including a version of the Sun Records oldie "Oobie Doobie" and an extended jam on the Marvin Gaye classic "I Heard It Through the Grapevine," it still overflows with great originals. "Ramble Tamble" and "Run Through the Jungle" are edgy rockers build around killer guitar riffs, both driven by an uncharacteristically dark, shadowy feel. "Long As I Can See the Light" is full of plaintive yearning, while the poignant "Who'll Stop the Rain" ranks among Fogerty's finest tunes. Creedence's ability to fuse traditional pop elements with downhome simplicity, rock edge, and superb songcraft is in full effect on COSMO'S FACTORY, placing it alongside GREEN RIVER and WILLIE AND THE POOR BOYS as one of their best albums.
Bayou Country [40th Anniversary Bonus Tracks] (CD)(39)
$9.99 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 64 ratings.
Based on 64 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule, Volume 3 - Disc 2 (CD)(3)
99¢ on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- King Curtis Enjoy Records - The Best of King Curtis (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra Hey... Let Yourself Go! / C'mon... Get Happy! (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Jukebox Hits of the 80s, Volume 4 & 5 (2-CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Ultimate Rock & Roll Time Capsule - Volume 1 - Disc 4 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Soul (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE