Creedence Clearwater Revival Green River [40th Anniversary Bonus Tracks]
LOW STOCK: Only 3 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$9.99 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.99 (17% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Released: October 6, 2008
- Originally Released: 2008
- Label: Fantasy
Rolling Stone - p.745 stars out of 5 -- "The band's most sustained achievement....['Bad Moon Rising'] wraps a blithe rockabilly swing around a soothsayer's ominous vision of oncoming apocalypse."
Rolling Stone - 12/11/03, p.118Ranked #95 in Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums Of All Time" - "...A tightly wrapped package of blistering guitar, road-house-rhythm snap and John Fogerty's backwoods howl..."
Rolling Stone - 10/18/69, p.38"...[CCR] is one of the most exciting and satisfying bands around....their distinctive driving sound, when fused with Fogerty's vocals, results in something so fine....[GREEN RIVER] is a great album..."
- 1.Green River
- 3.Tombstone Shadow
- 4.Wrote A Song For Everyone
- 5.Bad Moon Rising
- 7.Cross-Tie Walker
- 8.Sinister Purpose
- 9.The Night Time Is The Right Time
- 10.Broken Spoke Shuffle [Wally Heider Warm-up Session]
- 11.Glory Be [Wally Heider Warm-up Session]
- 12.Bad Moon Rising (Live - Berlin 1971; Previously Unreleased) (live)
- 13.Medley: Green River / Susie Q (Live - Stockholm 1971) (live)
- 14.Lodi (Live - Hamburg 1971) (live)
Song previews provided courtesy of iTunes
Creedence Clearwater Revival: John Fogerty (vocals, guitar); Tom Fogerty (guitar); Stu Cook (bass); Doug Clifford (drums).
Composer: John Fogerty.
Lyricist: John Fogerty.
Creedence Clearwater Revival: John Fogerty (vocals, guitar); Stu Cook (bass guitar, background vocals); Doug Clifford (drums, background vocals); Tom Fogerty (background vocals).
Audio Remasterer: George Horn.
Liner Note Authors: Dave Marsh ; Joel Selvin.
Recording information: Berlin, Germany; Hamburg, Germany; Stockholm, Sweden.
Photographer: Basul Parik.
Arranger: John Fogerty.
Creedence Clearwater Revival were part of a second wave of San Francisco groups, but unlike their geographical contemporaries, the quartet offered a disciplined music, indebted to '50s rock & roll and southern "swamp" styles. Leader, singer and songwriter John Fogerty possesses one of rock's most distinctive voices, his hoarse, urgent intonation matched by his group's mathematically precise drive. GREEN RIVER, their third album, includes two million-selling singles, the bluesy title track and "Bad Moon Rising," both of which encapsulate the Creedence metier. Remaining selections exhibit a similar economy, crammed with punchy hooklines, tight playing, and incisive lyrics, which take inspiration from traditional styles but in the process create something unique.
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 40 ratings.
Based on 40 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Top ranking titles in the Country & Bluegrass genre:
- Johnny Cash Original Golden Hits, Volumes 1 & 2 (CD) ~ $6.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings I Walk The Line / Sings Folsom Prison Blues (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Johnny Cash Get Rhythm / Story Songs of Trains And Rivers (CD) ~ $5.98 on SALE
- Bob Wills Sings & Plays/In Concert (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Johnny Cash Sings The Greatest Hits / Sings The Blue Train (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists Best of Chicago Garage Bands - The Quill Records Story (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- The Herd Very Best of I Can Fly (Featuring Peter Frampton) (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 3 (CD) ~ 99¢ on SALE
- Various Artists WCBS FM101.1 - Motown, Soul & Great Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $4.98 on SALE