Blu-ray Disc Features:
- Rated: PG
- Run Time: 1 hours, 53 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 22, 2009
- Originally Released: 1991
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by Larry Nemecek & Ira Steven Behr
- Tom Morga: alien stuntman
- To be or not to be: klingons & Shakespeare
- Starfleet Academy: praxis
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby True HD 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
New York Times - 12/06/1991
"...As lively a tale as any Trekkie might want....One more fanciful chapter to this story..."
Los Angeles Times - 12/06/1991
"...Meyer and Flynn get a fullness back into their characters....STAR TREK VI works so well on its own terms that it looks less like a close than another possible opening..."
Total Film - 04/01/2004
"It all works: this is a tight, thrilling send-off."
In STAR TREK VI - THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY, the cold war between the Federation and the Klingons thaws out when the leader of the crumbling alien empire makes a peace offering. Admiral Kirk (Willliam Shatner) and the crew are quickly sent to escort the Klingon ruler to treaty talks, but they unknowingly stumble into the middle of a political assassination--and soon Kirk and Dr. McCoy (DeForest Kelley) are framed for the dignitary's murder. Sent off to a frozen gulag planet, the two plot their escape while Spock (Leonard Nimoy) and the rest of the old gang try to find out who the real killer is. The future of the intergalactic peace movement depends on their success.
Sci-Fi / Horror / Fantasy |
Space Exploration |
Space Opera |
Space Travel |
Star Trek |
- The Paramount Home Video version of "Star Trek V!" features two minutes of footage not included in the theatrical version.
- Color by Technicolor; shot in Panavision. Dolby spectral recording.
- Estimated budget $27.5 million.
- Locations included Alaska, and Los Angeles, California. The second unit shot the sequences filmed in Alaska.
- Dedicated to Gene Roddenberry.
- One of the film's advertising tag-lines was: "The battle for peace has begun."
- Reportedly, this will be the last "Star Trek" movie featuring the cast of the original television series. The next "Star Trek" films will feature the stars of "Star Trek: The Next Generation".
- Christian Slater has an uncredited cameo in the film. His mother, Mary Jo Slater, was the casting director for "Star Trek VI".
- The laserdisc version of "Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country" received Laser Video File's award for Best Sound, in their Second Annual Consumer Laser Disc Awards competition (1993).
- Available to buy in the UK.