- Rated: PG-13
- Run Time: 1 hours, 50 minutes
- Video: Color
- Released: September 22, 2009
- Originally Released: 1996
- Label: Paramount
- Encoding: Region 1 (USA & Canada)
- Note: Commentary by Damon Lindelof and Anthony Pascale
- Industrial Light & Magic - the next generation
- Greetings from the international space station
- Spaceshipone's historic flight
- Brent Spiner: Data and beyond part 2
- Trek roundtable: first contact
- Starfleet Academy: temporal vortex
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround - English, French, Spanish
- Dolby Digital 5.1 - English, French, Spanish
- Subtitles - English, French, Spanish
Performers, Cast and Crew:
LeVar Burton &
Jonathan Frakes &
Ronald D. Moore,
Rick Berman &
Rick Berman &
Director of Photography:
Matthew F. Leonetti
Memorable Quotes and Dialog:
"Resistance is futile."
- Android Lt. Commander Data (BRENT SPINER)
- Lt. Commander Worf (MICHAEL DORN)
Entertainment Weekly - 12/06/1996
"...A zippy new energy and a sleek, confident style....Witty, pleasurable..." -- Rating: B+
Variety - 11/18/1996
"...A smashingly exciting sci-fi adventure that ranks among the very best....Stewart once again comports himself with all the gravity and panache you would expect from a Shakespearean-trained actor..."
Los Angeles Times - 11/22/1996
"...Blessed with clever plot devices....FIRST CONTACT does everything you'd want a STAR TREK film to do, and does it with cheerfulness and style..."
The Borg have once again targeted the Federation; this time, their devious plot threatens not only the present, but Earth's past as well. While Commander Riker, Deanna Troi, and Geordi La Forge work hard on the surface of 21st-century Earth to keep history on schedule, the rest of the crew plays a desperate game with the genetically-networked attackers above the planet, matching former Locutus Jean-Luc and cybernetically-naive Data against the erotic, mechanized cunning of the Borg queen. Resistance is futile.
The Borg have once again targeted the Federation--but this time, their devious plot threatens not only the present, but Earth's past as well. While Commander Riker, Deanna Troi, and Geordi La Forge work hard on the surface of 21st-century Earth to keep history on schedule, the rest of the crew plays a desperate game with the genetically networked attackers above the planet, matching former Locutus Jean-Luc and cybernetically naive Data against the erotically mechanized cunning of the Borg queen. Resistance is futile.
Robots / Cyborgs |
Space Exploration |
Space Opera |
- Copyright 1996 Paramount Pictures.
- Released theatrically in the USA November 22, 1996.
- Color by Deluxe.
- Additional cast: Patti Yasutake (Nurse Ogawa).
- Academy Awards nominations: Best Makeup.