Freddy Cole To the Ends of the Earth
LOW STOCK: Only 2 copies left
|SUPER SAVINGS:||$13.43 Limited Time Only|
|You Save:||$1.55 (10% Off)|
Available: Usually ships in 1-3 business days
- Fantasy Warehouse Clearance Sale product may be specifically marked for one-way sale
- Released: June 24, 1997
- Originally Released: 1997
- Label: Fantasy
JazzTimes - 9/97, p.95"...Freddy Cole conveys the same suave warmth as sibling Nat King Cole. Freddy the Younger can sing the sad songs and make you glad you're hearing 'I Didn't Mean to Love You,' 'For All We Know' and 'I'll Be Seeing You.'...Cole Communicates an especially convincing intimacy..."
- 1.To The Ends Of The Earth
- 2.I Didn't Mean To Love You
- 3.In The Still Of The Night
- 5.For All We Know
- 6.I'll Buy You A Star
- 7.You Don't Have To Say You're Sorry
- 8.One At A Time
- 9.Once You've Been In Love
- 10.Love Walked In
- 11.Two For The Road / Close Enough For Love
- 12.Should've Been
- 13.I'll Be Seeing You
Personnel includes: Freddy Cole, Cyrus Chestnut, Joe Locke, Joe Ford, George Mraz, Steve Berrios, Tom Hubbard, Yoron Israel, Frank Perowsky.
Recorded in January 1997.
Personnel: Freddy Cole (vocals, piano); Joe Ford (vocals, soprano saxophone); Mel Martin (flute, bass clarinet); William Kerr (flute, alto saxophone); Frank Perowsky, Frank Preowsky (clarinet); Roger Rosenberg (bass clarinet); Antonio Hart (alto saxophone); Javon Jackson (tenor saxophone); Byron Stripling (trumpet); Jef Scott (French horn); Robin Eubanks (trombone); Cyrus Chestnut (piano); Joe Locke (vibraphone); Steve Berrios (drums, percussion); Yoron Israel (drums).
Audio Mixer: Michael Semanick.
Liner Note Author: Lesley Mitchell Clarke.
Recording information: Clinton Recording Studios, New York, NY (01/06/1997-01/07/1997).
Photographer: Steve Maruta.
Arrangers: Freddy Cole; Tom Hubbard ; Joe Locke; Steve Berrios; Tom McIntosh; Robert Sadin.
It's hardly a criticism of Freddy Cole to say that he sounds almost eerily like big brother Nat. They share an unmistakable vocal timbre that can only be attributed to incredibly fortunate genes. This 1997 Fantasy album is one of his best. A swinging collection of standards delivered with elegance, emotion, and a mature confidence. Few singers know their way around an old tune like Cole. An outstanding pianist (again like his brother), Cole bows out on the keyboards on all but one tune here in favor of soulful young phenom Cyrus Chestnut. ~ Joel Roberts
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Based on 2 ratings.
Based on 2 ratings.
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
It Had To Be You: 24 Standards In Singer's Keys (CD)
$18.71 Super Savings
Top ranking CD:
- Various Artists History of Rock (10-CD Set) ~ $19.98 on SALE
- Various Artists Extreme Hits - The Sixties, Volume 2: 20 Original Hits (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists KFRC 99.7FM - Motown, Soul & Rock 'N Roll: Rock 'N Roll (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists WJMK 104.3 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 60s (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE
- Various Artists History of Rock - JukeBox Giants, Volume 2 (CD) ~ $2.98 on SALE