Jack Johnson The September Sessions
- Released: June 5, 2007
- Originally Released: 2007
- Label: UMVD
- 1.Pirate Looks At 40 - Jack Johnson
- 2.What Would You Rather Do - September Sessions Band
- 3.Grey's Groove - Greyboy feat. Karl Denson
- 4.Willow Tree - G Love & Special Sauce
- 5.Superbowl Sundae - Ozomatli
- 6.Ganges A GoGo - Bombay The Hard Way
- 7.Thug Style - September Sessions Band
- 8.Meaningless Conversation - Princes of Babylon
- 9.Piglet's Lament - Beat Down Sound
- 10.F - Stop Blues - Jack Johsnon
Original score composed by Jack Johnson.
An interesting hodge-podge of tracks used in singer/songwriter/erstwhile beach bum Jack Johnson's 2000 surfing documentary of the same name, THE SEPTEMBER SESSIONS manages to convey a laid-back, groovy atmosphere that perfectly evokes the film's subject. The opening track, a live version of Jimmy Buffet's "Pirate Looks At 40" performed by Johnson himself, sets the tone for the entire album, establishing a melancholy mood that clearly resonates with the aging ex-champion wave rider.
Other highlights include an unusually soulful contribution from G. Love & Special Sauce and a vintage Indian Bollywood-esque track lifted from 1999's must-have BOMBAY THE HARDWAY: GUNS, CARS & SITARS compilation. The album's best track, however, is the other contribution from THE SEPTEMBER SESSIONS's main man; "F-Stop Blues," is a breezy, wistful delight worthy of Nick Drake or Tim Hardin, and makes a fitting conclusion to an album as warm and engaging as the pacific waters pictured on the disc's cover.
Play Me a Movie: Piano Music to Accompany Silent (CD)
$16.89 Super Savings
Merchants of Doubt (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) (CD)
$16.71 Super Savings
Music Lovers' Ratings & Reviews:
Be the first Music Lover to write an online review of this product!
Country Top Hits of the 50s, 60s, 70s and 80s (4-CD)
$19.98 on SALE
WCBS FM101.1 - Great Ladies of Rock & Roll - The 70s (CD)
$2.98 on SALE